Hero or villain? Man buys 23 Burger King apple pies to spite screaming child

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Phoenix, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

[​IMG]
    The man said he decided to ‘ruin their day’ after standing in front of a screaming child and his mother (Picture: Getty Images)

A man treating himself to a Burger King after a long day’s work ended up buying all 23 of the restaurant’s remaining apple pies – because a screaming child standing behind him wanted one.
    In a post on reddit, the user explained that a child was screaming and demanding pie from his mother, who was on the phone and ignoring him completely.
    ‘This kid was out of control, screaming, punching his mother, throwing around a gameboy whenever something didn’t go right in the game,’ he posted on the sub-reddit offmychest, where users make confessions.
    ‘She gets up in my face telling me I can’t tell her nothing about raising her child and to mind my own business,’ he goes on, saying that he asked the mother kindly to settle her child down after he screamed: ‘I want some f***ing pie!’
    [​IMG]
    Eat 23 of these? Challenge accepted, we say (Picture: Burger King)

‘I then decide to ruin their day,’ says the poster, who went and purchased every apple pie in the restaurant.
    It sounds like a scene from a movie, and audiences would probably laugh and think the man had dealt with the woman and her child very creatively.
    In real life however, is the man a hero or a villain?
    The poster finishes his confession by saying that as he left the Burger King, he heard the woman shout: ‘What do you mean you don’t have any pies left, who bought them all?’
    He continued: ‘I turn around and see the cashier pointing me out with the woman shooting me a death glare.’
    The original post has since been removed, but can be found written out further down the reddit page by user astroskag.

source: metro
    ~~~
    Good for him lol. I don't understand sometimes how some parents can leave their child screaming, crying and shouting yet still stand there and do nothing. (o_O)

2. skoo78

skoo78 Active Member

urgh, tell me about it. If my niece and nephew had a tantrum like that in a public place, I take them out where I can deal with them privately. It is too embarrassing.

3. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

Funny story, and I wonder what he'll do with all those pies...

Parents have to teach their kids with some disciple, if not they will be harder to teach later on. Almost remind, one time I was eating at a Malay restaurant and these parents came in with their kids, so annoying until one kids broke a ceramic cup. Instead of cleaning it up and getting a waiter over, they just left the place. Lucky they were sitting next to the door and it was a busy night so none of the working staff saw it.

4. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

^@tofu
    yeah that's actually happened before at my restaurant, when i was serving this woman and her child was like really fussy, not sitting still. She didn't say a word until he knocked a glass over, and i'm like oh god, she didn't even apologise or anything nor did she move out the way when i was cleaning up the broken pieces, HELLO, its sharp, get yo' ass and your child out the way. Stupid. So rude. LOL

5. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

My question is, the child has an excuse; he's a child. What's the man's excuse? He's an asshole.

Note to parents: If you have a child or asshole, keep either of them on a short leash and away from public venues; either one of them can be an embarrassment.

6. Hero since the mom didn't teach her son a lesson/manners in this situation i find it warranted even though he's a child the real world will bite you back so i hope it be a real world lesson to him.