high end restaurant vs home cooked meal

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by smallrinilady, May 1, 2007.

?

which would you rather have your bf/gf do to celebrate a special night?

1. home cooked meal

39 vote(s)
    68.4%
  2. fancy restaurant

18 vote(s)
    31.6%
  1. smallrinilady

smallrinilady Well-Known Member

would you rather your bf/gf take you somewhere EXTREMELY fabulous to celebrate a special occasion or to have a romantic time. or would you rather they cook you a home cooked meal from scratch and sit at the kitchen table with some candles

2. ab289

ab289 Well-Known Member

home cooked meal ... the thought of her sweating out in the kitchen is just so much sweeter. plus, it's probably cleaner and healthier!

3. ribsandbbqbeef

ribsandbbqbeef Well-Known Member

Fancy restaurant.

We usually eat at home, would be nice to go out to a fancy restaurant and have everyone else do the work for you. Besides, if your significant other spends all her time & energy cooking for you, she'd be too tired for the after dinner evening activities *wink wink*

4. Xx_Flora_xX

Xx_Flora_xX Well-Known Member

fancy restaurant definitely! then go back hm for home-made dessert and drink wine~ PERFECT! lol XD

5. Boss Lady

Boss Lady Well-Known Member

I'd like to be taken to a fancy restaurant because there's service, atmosphere, food, and most important... the celebration! We cook on weekdays and it will be plain to sit at home on a special occasion.

6. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

Depends on who I am sharing the meal with.

High end restaurant if I am having dinner with a gourmet :p But home cooked for real intimacy. Although I must say home cooked dinner come with strings attached... the horrible aftermath of dishes :p

7. lazy post wh*re -noclue :p

im lazy to.. so i like fancy restaurant more :D

8. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

^ Oh whatever... -devil

9. peachy

peachy Well-Known Member

Home cooked meal! Because it's cheaper. And you get bigger portions. And if you can't eat it all, you won't feel guilty for wasting money :D

Plus, it tastes better ;D

10. ribsandbbqbeef

Only if the person knows how to cook well...

11. BabyRain

BabyRain Doppelgänger of da E.Twin

Fancy restaurant probably, considering most guys can't cook a proper meal :p
    But if my bf's a great cook, why not. I don't mind helpin with the dishes after. Besides, the money saved on having a meal at a fancy restaurant could be spent on getting me a gift... -lol

12. _keke_

_keke_ Well-Known Member

FANCY restaurant!!! I usually cook meal for him when he is hungry.. and he to me ;)

13. Arctic_fire

Arctic_fire Well-Known Member

home cook, cheaper :p

14. xiaojia

xiaojia Well-Known Member

Home cook food.. but must be specially prepared and meaningful though.. not sth we eat everyday -lol

fancy restaurant doesn't appeal to me.. doesn't really add value to an occasion in my opinion. Food is food. If its beyond my budget, its not worth the money.. irregardless of the occasion.

one eg was this cable car dinner that some rich ppl had on valentine's day where I live.. cost like ard few hundred dollars.. too 'fancy' for my taste.

15. BabyRain

Fancy restaurant (pros)
    1. U get to play dress-up
    2. U get to enjoy the atmosphere
    3. U don't haf to clean-up
    4. Someone serving on u both

cons
    1. U haf to dress-up
    2. Go thru the hassle of getting there-drive, take a cab etc, possibility of traffic jam, noisy crowded places
    3. Burn a hole in ur wallet
    4. Annoying waiter/waitress

Home-cooked (pros)
    1. U don't haf to dress-up
    2. U haf the option of doing other things first (for eg. Making love etc, then eat :p)... To enjoy a loving moment and romantic meal with privacy.
    3. Save money... Lots of celebrations nowadays like Valentine's Day are highly commercialized anyway.
    4. Isn't it touching that ur other half is slaving it out in the kitchen just to prepare a good meal for you?

Cons
    1. U don't get to dress-up
    2. U haf to clean-up after
    3. No refreshing/new atmosphere; same old house
    4. U may get a stomachache after

#15 BabyRain, May 1, 2007
    Last edited: May 1, 2007
  16. ribsandbbqbeef

Restaurant Pro
    5. You may enjoy entertainment if the restaurant has live music. (string quartet, jazz, belly dancing)

If it were a special occasion, I would rather my significant other didn't have to "slave" over a meal for me. I would want her to relax & enjoy the day with me together. She already makes my meals, so it's a good opportunity to give her a day off.

Hahaha, I love your home cooked meal con #4 lol...

17. BabyRain

this'll go under enjoying the atmosphere -^_^

How thoughtful :) Well that 'pro' will apply to those whose partner hardly cook for them.

18. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

im high class, all about the fancy restaurants :) i dont mind paying too much for food either, although the most i'v payed at a restaurant was $70 for a dish of pasta in truffle sauce... until i get a real career, i don't think il be able to drop more then that on a meal hahaha

19. nyckeion

nyckeion ....Boo....

home cooked is always better and fancy restaurant ehhh gold diggers.. hahah no offense

20. BabyRain

Eee... that's not fair... So should i say those opting for home-cooked : cheap & stingy? :p