HK - Must Eat Food?

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by tien317, Apr 7, 2008.

1. tien317

tien317 Well-Known Member

Hey PA pals, I'm goin on free & Easy trip to HK in July. Limited days so if anyone got 'must eat' @ good food in HK, pls intro to me. Names of food and shop & location is very much appreaciated. Thx...

P/S: I know there was a thread full of HK food and pics, but i would like to find out more of where to get them...thx...

2. shw

shw Well-Known Member

burger king on the airport. its back for everyone , not after the customs zone but in the arrival hall!

3. RockkxD

RockkxD Moderator

Haha, Burger King is good, get at them McDonalds.

4. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Basically find the massive shopping centres there, and the food courts are packed with different variety of food

5. neko-pochi

neko-pochi Well-Known Member

There are few desserts places around Temple Street 庙街. My cousin took me there once, it's pretty crowded, but it was so yummy!!! That cold ginger steam milk or whatever it's called + red beans = heaven! I can't remember which street or the store name, but search around. :p

6. tien317

I've heard about 'Temple Street' and some dessert in Mong Kok. Thx all for the info... hope there is more :)

7. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

damn all you lucky ass peeps taking trips to HK for summer nows...never had that "real chinese food from HK" been eating that Westernized chinese food all my life i think. but i think you should go for all that shark fin and abalone there muhahahhaha....first gotta find some dim sum place yo.

8. tien317

HAha....abalone? too pricey for me, fren....But will definitely try HK dim sum.....

9. mr_evolution

^ And har gao

10. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

Mong Kok - there are countless street stalls that sell very nice food
    Honeymoon desert (i think its called) is a nice desert place that is in a lot of big shopping centres
    Sushi or Jap noodles is good in HK and there are loads of them dotted around
    Find a nice Hot Pot place, not that i can recommend one off the top of my head
    For fast food chinese style, Cafe de Coral is a fav of mine :D

There is so much to eat in HK, I think its just go where the locals go!

11. mr_evolution

滿記甜品
    Honeymoon Dessert

[​IMG]

Yep that's the one, they have awesome variation of dessert and they open stores all around HK

Yep, they have mixed Chinese and Western fast food at really low price

12. bbes

bbes Incredible

oh i went to honeymoon desert last time i went to hk. some nice deserts there

13. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

mmmm tapioca

14. Phil

Phil 香港 PA 社團 揸Fap 人

[​IMG]
    車仔面
    [​IMG]
    some rich soup
    [​IMG]
    and the famous Baby Soup ^^ haha o wait thats China?

15. RockkxD

RockkxD Moderator

^ Haha, baby soup, must be good, rofl! Have you tried it before?

16. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

stinky tofu?

17. Raindropz

Raindropz Anemone--

Actually, westernized chinese food is not that far off (from actual chinese food), sometimes it's even more sanitized than getting it in there... >__>
    you're not missing out =]

I'd say go for the 'dai pai dong', like for curry fishballs and etc. they're easy to find =]

18. Phil

Phil 香港 PA 社團 揸Fap 人

lol Stinky Tofu is only sold in Asian Places? prob not allowed in other countries haha coz it stink, lol Have the Woon Jai Chi (Bowl Jai Shark Fin) or something ^^ Hk Style

19. RockkxD

RockkxD Moderator

^ Lol, Shark fin... i wonder how it tastes like... uh.

20. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

what you never had shark fin wtf....how could you...OMG leon...