Hong Kong Playstation 3... Help

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by Hubjub, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Hubjub

Hubjub Well-Known Member

Hi, I just got back from Hong Kong last week and i bought a 60gb Playstation 3 in HK for about $540cdn

Its NTSC-J, and the sticker saids 220v-240v

I heard rumors that the ps3 has a universal PSU 110v-240v inside but the label is different....

Just curious if anyone tried to plug a 220v-240v HK ps3 into a regular canadian power socket without a Step-up/down Transformer..

2. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

In HK there are lots of parallel imports from Japan. Are you really sure you bought yourself a HK PS3 and not a JP one?
    HK uses 220V and JP 110.

3. Vinnie_boy

Vinnie_boy Well-Known Member

I dont know cause i dont live in america and for anything i buy in HK i KNOW it will work back here in the UK cos all the powers and sockets and other thingy ma jigs are the same here than over in HK ^^

4. dragopyre

dragopyre Well-Known Member

I'm not sure the voltage really matters but you should get some professional advice. 540$cnd how much would that be in USD?

5. k100

k100 Active Member

japanese one uses a lower voltage because of there power sockates and well pretty much hk uses same as america and some parts of europe so i wouldnt worry if ur plug is a 3 sockate then it should work because its okay to have a bigger power source just problem is ova heat thats all but a low one it will not load some games