If you drink milk will it help you grow taller

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by jigixv783, May 2, 2007.

1. jigixv783

jigixv783 Well-Known Member

i was just wondering if you drink milk it will help you with your height because i'm 164 cm and i rarely drink milk...

2. itzd0pey

itzd0pey Well-Known Member

i heard this one pill you take once a day gives you all the vitamins :x & helps you grow. but don't go buying pills =o.

3. jigixv783

jigixv783 Well-Known Member

hmm don't trust vitamins..

4. reno

reno Well-Known Member

according to myths, drinking milk during ur growth phases helps =)

i can only personally prove (to an extent lol) taht not drinking milk makes u not tall... ><

generally speaking, with friends etc, those who've drunk alot more milk while young young, are all taller

5. seiyaz

seiyaz Active Member

milk contains lots of calcium which is good for your bones, teeth etc...not really to grow taller

6. BabyRain

BabyRain Doppelgänger of da E.Twin

A person's height is mostly determined by his DNA (ie the height of his parents & grandparents) and also nutrition.
    Having said that, milk contains calcium which probably contributes to the 'nutrition' factor... Another element which is important is iron. But nutrition will only be effective before your maximum age for growth.

7. Lilydream

Lilydream Well-Known Member

if u really want to grow then eat everything and sleep when u need it because ur metabolism is still in evolution....

8. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

I'm not sure if there is a proven positive correlation between milk and height

9. BabyRain

BabyRain Doppelgänger of da E.Twin

^There is. Anything that contains calcium in fact.

10. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

Drink milk, eat a variety of food, do exercises and have regular sleeping patterns. It also depends on your DNA as well as babyrain has said.

11. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

I do think there's at least some correlation between milk and height! Although it might not be the main reason, it can play a significant factor in the growing process like others here explained about the calcium thing and bones while you're in your puberty.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactose_intolerance

Most Asians have a lactose intolerance and don't drink that much milk and this can be one of the factors why most Asians aren't that tall compared to those with Europan ancestory. My dad drank a lot of milk is his youth and he's indeed taller than most Asian men in his age group.

DNA plays the main role though.

12. xiaojia

xiaojia Well-Known Member

well.. do you hate it? If not, just drink it. Even if you dun grow taller.. you wun regret not trying n you can come back and tell us if it works.. lol

13. It doesnt work <_<

14. nyckeion

nyckeion ....Boo....

Liar ..... it only makes u fat

15. SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988 ~ TVB ADDICT ~

lol, hahaha,,, i actaully heard this from somewhere. lol.
    I think they just wanted me to drink milk as its healthy. kekeke*

16. nyckeion

nyckeion ....Boo....

its good in proteins i wont deny and healthier bones but growth... ehhh