Is the PS3 a total rip off?

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by kfong1, May 29, 2007.

1. kfong1

kfong1 Banned

Just wondering what do you think of the price of the PS3?? Seems like a total rip off to me...

2. reno

reno Well-Known Member

could always get sum1 else to buy for u as prsent =D

3. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

If you compare PS3 functionality with other consoles, it is not a rip off.

4. robsh

robsh Well-Known Member

i thitnk its really expensive the sell it for £425 here
    while u can £200 can get u a Wii
    i think wii its more revolutionary in terms with gameplay
    PS3 will just be using a normal control pad and a friend of mine who just got a PS3 said they dont have enough games out get so he's just playing PS2 games on PS3
    get a Wii if u want something new

5. philostrate

philostrate Well-Known Member

yeah it's still new so for sure it's a rip off

6. Logy

Logy Well-Known Member

Its not a rip off, its only a rip off if you live in stupid europe and its stupid higher prices for everything

7. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

just get 360 yo

8. robsh

robsh Well-Known Member

yeh xbox360 is awesome
    ya know the producers of final fantasy is working for xbox now to create exclusive games

9. 無得頂

無得頂 Well-Known Member

The PS3 is not a total rip off. It's just a little rip off.

10. console ain't a rip off.. the games n accessories are...

11. |_dazzler_|

|_dazzler_| Member

not really if you think that you are getting a blue ray disc reader and a super computer for 600$....then again it's only a console

12. tonkachi

tonkachi Well-Known Member

just as a blue ray player its cheap..since the cheapest blu ray is about 800 or so till sony releases their sub 500 blu ray player.

also if you add on the other stuff that its made to do...its not that bad of a price

13. hongkongboy

hongkongboy Well-Known Member

its kind of rip of, well the stuff the put in there memory card reader, HDD blue ray pretty sums it up.

but overall the console is shit so its a bit of rip of

14. Popularasian

Popularasian Member

Well apparently Sony was making a loss on each unit they sold so can't be too much of a rip off. Heard they cut costs making smaller chips or something.

Guess it depends on your budget and if you got a nice tv for those blu-ray graphics to show.

15. kontradictions

kontradictions Well-Known Member

Well, I don't think it's safe to say that the PS3 is a total rip off as of yet. All consoles, with the exception of a select few, may seem like a rip off when they first launch mainly because of the lack of titles. Just give it some time for Sony to redeem themselves.

16. qwertym

qwertym Member

Well.....

....you do get a blu-ray dvd player for your money!
    I don't think it's a rip off, but I do think it's a lot of money, but when the price drops it will be well worth it

17. gawain187

gawain187 Well-Known Member

Well its obvious at the beginning when its first out prices will be unfair. Its what you would call "market skimming". Just wait a few months and prices will be down.

18. dragong87

dragong87 Well-Known Member

i think it's a pretty big ripoff. wait a couple of months or mayb a year and the prices will drop! if u wanted a ps2 they're heaps cheap now... lol

19. volkly

volkly Well-Known Member

The price will drop in a year or so, I feel that the market price is quite unreasonable at the moment, and to top it off, there isn't much game to play with. I learned my early adopter mistake with the psp so i am gonna wait till the prices of the console is more reasonable and there are more games available for it.

20. Supra

Supra Well-Known Member

The hardware of the PS3 is good, blu-ray, graphics, etc.

The thing is: it's too expensive, who buys expensive blu-ray dis movies, then you need a very good tv to hook it up to