Jackie Chan too old to make movies?

Discussion in 'Movies Discussion' started by kfong1, May 29, 2007.

1. kfong1

kfong1 Banned

I reckon that Jackie chan should retire.... His too old to make any more action movies

2. Marrow

Marrow Active Member

Maybe, but we would lose another action star :/

3. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

if jackie chan thinks he can still carry on..then we as his fans should support him..however if his health is at risk then maybe it is time for him to step down..but all in all..its up to him..

4. ab289

ab289 Well-Known Member

well, he doesn't fight as good as he used to ... and i think that might be a good reason and time to retire. Besides, there are young people coming out ... people like ... hhmm .. those people in the Dragon Tiger Gate. can't remember their names.

5. pto88

pto88 Well-Known Member

he's too old to make the action movies that he's famous for

6. dhunter

dhunter Well-Known Member

he is getting old.. his fights aren't as good... but hey he's still funny to watch.. I'd still watch one of his movies anytime..

should he retire well hard to say really. I don't think oso yet..

7. asiangang

asiangang Well-Known Member

i think his movies are still good..i think he shouldnt retire unless hes health gets bad.

8. Loreen66

Loreen66 Well-Known Member

It's not what we think he should do, it's whats he wants to do. Anyways I still enjoy his movies, although he is aging.

9. roycck

roycck Member

yeah i sill enjoy his kung fu movies with slapstick comedy, rush hour 3 is coming out soon, if he is retiring, donnie yen is ready to take over and he really kick a**

10. sean222

sean222 Well-Known Member

i dont think he's too old, rush hour 3 is coming out, but i'd nvr want to see him gone....i dont want anymore of that stuff like irwin happening..

11. milokat

milokat Member

i have enjoyed jackie chan's movie since the days of A-project.. his classic comedy-action combination acting never fails to entertain...:)

12. Li-thal

Li-thal Active Member

jackie is a legend, i think he should keep doin it if he can n we just support him

13. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

harrison ford is still making action movies.. and bruce willis... why shouldn't jackie chan? as long as he can continue to pull of crazy stunts and make me laugh, he deserves to stay in the business.

14. abbaZabba

abbaZabba Well-Known Member

He's too old to do kung-fu stuff.

15. philostrate

philostrate Well-Known Member

he's old but his skills are there...but the amount of stunts have been greatly reduced...fair enough...i don't really like his previous movies with all chasing and running with little plot and storyline...at least he incorporated some emotional scenes in his recent productions eg new police story and rob-b-hood....he can actually cry lol!!

16. nyckeion

nyckeion ....Boo....

he can probably make other movies not just action ppl can always have a alternative

17. johnnyfrmnorth

johnnyfrmnorth Active Member

there are no limits for when they should retire or not.
    i think jackie should keep doing couple more action movies and than decide will he retire or not!!

18. johnnyfrmnorth

johnnyfrmnorth Active Member

there are no limits for actors when they should retire or not.
    i think jackie should keep doing couple more action movies and than decide will he retire or not!!

19. gawain187

gawain187 Well-Known Member

Jackie sahould carry on making what ever film he can, even though he is getting old he can still make some comedy type films.

20. aznsuicidal911

aznsuicidal911 Well-Known Member

is he too old to make movies? i say hells no, look at him on the trailer of rush hour three.