Jang Jin-young passed away

Discussion in 'Korean Entertainment' started by jazlynnyee, Sep 13, 2009.

1. jazlynnyee

jazlynnyee Fantabulous!!!

[​IMG]

Jang Jin-young has passed away on September 1, at the age of 35.

Actress Jang Jin-young (Singles, Lobbyist) had announced last September that she was diagnosed with stomach cancer. She stopped all acting activities to focus on treatment, and a few months later seemed to be much improved.

However, now the news is coming out that her health has taken a swift but drastic downturn, and she is reportedly in critical condition. She had recently returned to Korea after receiving medical care in Los Angeles last month. According to a management rep, Jang Jin-young is currently admitted to a Kangnam hospital, and with the recent deterioration, they have stopped medical treatment for the cancer and are now focused on keeping her out of pain. Her family has been told to “prepare themselves” mentally, while a source at the hospital says they are preparing for the worst and keeping CPR equipment and defibrillators at the ready.

Jang Jin-young wishes to be remembered looking healthy, and visitation is restricted to only family members and her boyfriend. She had announced the relationship with a Mr. Kim in July, saying, “When I was exhausted and in pain and wanted to collapse, I found the biggest support close to me and was able to stand again because of him, who gave me courage.”

[​IMG]

For all of those who don't know her...
    Her bio on wiki:
    Jang began her career as a model, and participated in the 1993 Miss Korea beauty contest, before making the switch into acting. After making her film debut in 1998, Jang received critical praise and won a number of awards for her work. She became only the second winner of two Blue Dragon Film Awards for Best Actress, having won in 2001 for Sorum, and again in 2003 for Singles. As of 2008, Jang was one of the highest paid stars in the Korean film industry, earning in the region of ₩400 million per film.

Source: now news
    Translations: dramabeans

2. SeX1eStAsaBa

SeX1eStAsaBa Well-Known Member

NNNNNNOOOOOOO she was one of my favorite actresses.

RIP

3. rambutan

rambutan Member

My condolences to her and family. I enjoyed her recent series.

4. Let this be a lesson, life is like a vapour, here one minute and gone the next.