Japanese Bands

Discussion in 'Japanese Chat' started by Timsum, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Timsum

Timsum Member

Recently i've been clearing some of my Cd and mp3 files and have noticed that quite that almost 1/3 of my collection were japanese stuff. Just found it kinda strange for someone who doens't understand japanese. But for me i just love the tunes, and the way the whole song is as a whole. I'm chinese myself but i tend to listen to more Japanese stuff and english stuff than chinese itself!

Some of the japanese bands/artists i listen to often include, L'arc en ciel, Asian Kung Fu generation, Janne Da arc, Utada Hikaru, Nana Katade, Ayumi Hamasaki and X japan etc. Would definitely like to hear some more of this great stuff so hope everyone who're interested in the same music as me, could share their opinions and some of their favourite jrock/Jpop stuff! :D

2. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

ooooooo i really like Ayumi Hamasaki, i think shes got a great voice and i love the music :) but thats as far as my jpop goes :)

3. Kira10

Kira10 Well-Known Member

Some of the artists I like are Otsuka Ai, Shimatani Hitomi, Yuna Ito, Every Little Thing, and mihimaru GT.

4. person

person Well-Known Member

Yeah, Ayumi is awesome.
    Others who are good are Mika Nakashima, Amuro Namie, Yuna Ito...
    Boy bands... I've fallen out of ... like for them... so... ha yeah.

5. mikeyh

mikeyh Well-Known Member

Ayumi is just too great. Amuro Namie, Utada Hikari,Yuna Ito, Otsuka Ai and boy name v6 has one good song that's change the world

6. axrustyxglove

axrustyxglove Well-Known Member

malice mizer!
    the pillow are cool too.

7. walhalla

walhalla Member

hide Matsumoto, once a legend, forever a legend

8. person

person Well-Known Member

^ I've heard some of his music. Pretty good. I heard that Marilyn Manson was a fan of his and they were suppose to go on tour together... but then he passed away... so heh.
    Ah has anyone heard of this band called "Polysics"? they're like this techno electric band... they're pretty good. "I my me" one of their newer singles is pretty good.

9. hobobobo

hobobobo Member

The brillant green and Do As Infinity were pretty good.

10. lokie

lokie New Member

I agree DAI is good but too bad they disbanded.
    Gackt is good too he has an vry interesting voice and Glay is pretty good too.

11. lerris

lerris Member

Yeah gotta agree w/ hobo. I also like Hirai Ken and Remioromen.

12. daite

daite Member

I listen to lots of Japanese indie, like ART-SCHOOL, Supercar, Local Bus, Suneohair, Thee Michelle Gun Elephant, and NUMBER GIRL. Definitely worth a try.

I also like mainstream japanese music, like KAT-TUN, Remioromen, KinKi Kids, KOTOKO, Mika Nakashima, Miyavi, Plastic Tree and etc. You should try listening to KOTOKO if you like Ayumi Hamasaki, kind of the same style in my opinion.

13. mikeyh

mikeyh Well-Known Member

never heard about those band before but if it like ayumi songs then i will try listen to them :D. Btw thanks for all showing new bands and singers...

14. chiew_76

chiew_76 New Member

My faves are Tommy heavenly6, Tommy february6, the brilliant green, YUI, Yum!Yum!ORANGE, Swinging Popsicle.

Check em out!!

15. tallgirl888

tallgirl888 Well-Known Member

I don't think you have to understand lyrics...if the melody flows (maybe this is because I play piano) it's enough for me~!

16. chiew_76

chiew_76 New Member

No, I don't understand the lyrics either, but can still get a lot of enjoyment from the way it all sounds.

17. jen157000

jen157000 Member

i love tackey and tsubasa =P kaa
    johnny jrs!!

18. mikeyh

mikeyh Well-Known Member

tackey and tsubasa is good too

19. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

recently heard Utada Hikaru and think shes good!!

20. mikeyh

mikeyh Well-Known Member

utada hikaru just have few good songs that's what i think :p