Karaoke

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Daitaojon, May 16, 2007.

1. Daitaojon

Daitaojon Well-Known Member

Anybody like going to karaoke? or just like to sing in general? And if ya do what songs do you like to sing at K? o btw feel free to post videos and stuff! As for me..me and my friends go to K alot and i usually sing alot of Justin Lo songs haha so much so that my friends make fun of me n call me Juk Teen.

2. BabyRain

BabyRain Doppelgänger of da E.Twin

Yes, I luv going to karaoke outlets -lol
    The difficult part is getting a regular gang to go wid me...
    Doesn't mean I am good at singing though; just enjoy it :p
    Usually I'll tend to pick 'harder' songs as those 'easy' ones are quite boring... lol

Some of the 'must' are:
    Air Supply's Making Love Out Of Nothing At All,
    Bonnie Tyler's Total Eclipse of The Heart
    Whitney Houston's Where Do Broken Hearts Go
    Celine Dion's It's All Coming Back To Me Now.

3. MissCheekS

MissCheekS Reconnaîssant ❤

I love singing but hardly ever ho sing K.... its reaaally expensive in the netherlands and far away from where i live =(....
    My fav songs to sing are

Guang Liangs-Tong Hua
    Leehoms- Kiss goodbye
    Savage Garden - Truly Madly Deeply
    Vanessa Williams & Luther Vandross - Whole new world

=)

4. BabyRain

^So they do have asians' songs in Netherlands huh?
    Well over here; I guess it's not so expensive since people here like to go to sing K... -^_^

5. yeah... i like going to K... i like to sing high pitch songs like Ivana Wong and Vincy coz my voice is quite high...

6. nyckeion

nyckeion ....Boo....

although i dont know chinese but then i memorize most of the songs so .....i am not good with names but the singers are

Beyond
    leon
    andy lau
    swing
    etc...

7. BabyRain

^Lol same... If i have to sing a chinese song; i either bring along the pinyin lyric or memorize it.

8. nyckeion

nyckeion ....Boo....

maybe you should record one for us brain

9. BabyRain

You can have the honor first... -^_^

10. nyckeion

nyckeion ....Boo....

i dont even know the characters.....i just hummm through the whole song

11. BabyRain

-er you just said u memorized them... -ann

12. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

Hmmm I LOVE to sing Joey Yung... Last Juliet... Tin zi gui nu etc...

Oh and I sing Eason Chan and Deep Ng and Pong Nan too :p And Vincy Chan's Flower without Snow is my latest regular ;)

I am more into the jazzy ones for English songs, Norah Jones, Ella Fitzgerald etc, but am an avid fan of Alanis Morissette -devil

Not a huge fan of Janice nor Jill...

13. BabyRain

^I been trying to find Alanis' You Oughta Know... but no success in karaoke outlets so far :p

14. hiake

Oh, I use to go out with Westerner and going to THEIR type of karaoke... they have all kinds of songs @_@bbb

15. BabyRain

^I was under the impression that there aren't many 'original' karaoke Western songs.. Mostly are just 'cover versions'... and sometimes, the music totally sucked compared to 'original' versions.
    How abt ur place?

16. hiake

Pretty much the same, but when people start singing "Bohemian Rhaspody" you know you are in trouble... means that people are drunk and don't really care what they are singing and HOW they are singing...

The best karaoke? Home, make your own karaoke music :p

17. BabyRain

^Uh not really.. from my experience; the karaoke outlets still haf the best sound system and mic. Unless ur willing to invest at least RM10k into it.. lol

18. hiake

True... but then they don't have the songs I like @_@b So I guess it comes with a price don't they?

19. BabyRain

^If you are talkin abt chinese songs; i guess it's easier to find 'em and buy it... but if it's English; I doubt you'll find many original versions around and that is so frustrating.

20. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

hmm singing...i sing in the shower sometimes and when im driving but mind you i guess we all sing whilst driving sho doesnt -lol err i dont mond sing k sometimes but not really all the time as im kinda -emb sometimes as my singing sucks