King of Fighters XIII

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by Tony, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Sup! Anybody get this? Figure there might be someone playing this since it's more Chinese right after Street Fighter.

I picked this up for Xbox. The netcode is not the best but it's playable. This game is kinda difficult to learn but it has a basic button setup and there's a lot of stick rolling for their moves.

Maining Mai/Yuri/Mature here. Heh..................-inlove-inlove-inlove

I have a few of my learning/casual matches up on my youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/psychosis5354

Not sure what King of Fighters XIII is? Or why is this like a clone of Street Fighter? Or you were disgusted by KOFXII?

PROMO TRAILER
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/user/snkplaymoreGame#p/u/0/yTzVTmzUBik[/video]

COMBO SHOWCASE
    [video=youtube;mkWclyTo7Gw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkWclyTo7Gw[/video]

KOFXIII w/King of Soundtracks unboxing--the first print run of the game will have a four CD set including all the KOF games soundtracks
    [video=youtube;baLQ5lAOhio]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baLQ5lAOhio&feature=relmfu[/video]

FEATURES
    I know what youre thinking "KOFXII sucked im not gonna fall for this again! XIII sucks SNKP is dead to me!!1!" but oh man you couldnt be more wrong.
    Lets see the content shall we?
    • Rebalanced Gameplay: Yes dont worry about K' and Raiden being godlike. SNKP has modified every character (Raiden nerfton) for a more competitive experience.
    • New Characters: Billy Kane and Saiki (White Saike) have been added to the roster. These characters are unlocked by playing the Story Mode.
    • DLC Support: (Ok this is not a good thing) SNKP will offer EX Characters as DLC. ie: EX Iori aka Iori 98 aka Classic Iori aka Iori with the Power of Flames (Official name)
    • Online Netcode: This is a tricky one but SNKP has admited that XII sucked and that XIII will have a much better netcode. It also supports Replay sharing.
    • Stages: About 11 new stages with lots of cameos for fans to discover.
    • Game Modes: Arcade, Versus, Online, Practice, Survival (Both score and time based), Trials... but wait there is more!
    • Story Mode: New cutscenes,dialogues and artwork following the KOF XIII story.
    • Tutorial: Rose Bernstein will teach you the KOF XIII mechanics. Perfect for newcomers)
    • Gallery: Unlock Artwork, Movies and Audio while playing the game.
    • Color Customization: Edit your character colors (Unlock colors by playing). Up to 5 color edits per character. (Also available in Online Mode)
    • New ingame dialogues and songs SNKP added more ingame dialogue and added songs from previous games.
    • <3 Elisabeth Branctorche <3
    • All this for $50 bucks!! $50 bucks!!

BASIC NOTATION

Light Punch: A
    Light Kick: B
    Strong Punch: C
    Strong Kick: D
    Forward Emergency Evasion: A+B
    Backward Emergency Evasion: Backward+A+B
    Blow Back Attack: C+D (Possible in air)
    FallBreaker: A,B,C or D while falling from certain attacks.
    Hyper Drive Cancel Activation: B + C

P: Any Punch button
    K: Any Kick button
    LP: Light Punch
    SP: Strong Punch
    LK: Light Kick
    SK: Strong Kick
    f: Forward
    df: Down Forward
    b: Backward
    db: Down Backward
    HCF: Half Circle Forward
    QCF: Quarter Circle Forward
    HCB: Half Circle Backward
    QCB: Quarter Circle Backward
    HCBF: Half Circle Backward then Forward
    FHCF: Forward then Quarter Circle Forward
    HBF: Hold Backward then Forward
    HDU: Hold Down then Up
    HDBF: Hold Down back then forward
    FBF: Forward Backward Forward
    DP: Forward, Down, Down Forward. (Also known as Dragon Punch)
    RDP: Backward, Down, Down,Backward. (Also known as Reverse Dragon Punch)
    QCFHCB: Quarter Circle Forward then Half Circle Backward
    QCBHCF: Quarter Circle Backward then Half Circle Forward

Lets see the different meters (or gauges) used:

Power Gauge
    Builds by taken and dealing damage. Used for Desesperation Moves (Supers), EX Moves, Guard cancels and CD cancels.
    Each round increments the number of possible stored Power Gauges. The match starts
    with a max of 3 and by the last round the stock limit is 5.
    EX Moves and DMs cost 1 Power Gauge, EX DMs and NeoMAXs cost 2. (NeoMAX cost 3 Power Gauges in the Arcade Version)

Hyper Drive Gauge
    Builds by taken and dealing damage. Used for Desesperation Moves (Supers) and EX Moves.
    The gauge is divided in 2 slots each use of the Drive Cancel costs 1 slot.

Guard Gauge
    Depletes when blocking attacks. Produces a Guard Crash if empty. (Youre open to attacks)
    It recovers over time or completely after a Guard Crash.

Now onto the Game Mechanics:

KOF input system
    These series of articles published at Dreamcancel.com deal with several features of the KOF input system

EX Moves
    Most special moves have an EX version done by pressing both P or K buttons at the same time which cost 1 Power Gauge stock.
    ie: Kyo's Yami Barai QCF + P can be enhanced to EX by: QCF + LP+HP.

Drive Cancel
    Allows you to cancel a special move into another special or Desesperation Move, every use cost half Hyper Drive Gauge.
    No need for extra inputs just do a special or DM during another special and thats it.

Hyper Drive Cancel
    Activated by pressing BC while having a full Hyper Drive Gauge. Allows for a brief time to do every cancel possible without
    worring about the Hyper Drive Gauge.

Desperation Moves
    Also known as supers these moves use 1 Power Gauge. EX DMs use 2.

NeoMAX
    These flashy and devastating attack requires a full Hyper Drive Gauge and 2 Power Gauges.

~~~~~~~~

This came out in the arcade first but they have made some changes since

System changes from Arcade version
    • Neomax only uses 2 power meters during HD mode (3 meters when not in HD)
    • Hitstun for normal jump attacks have been shortened.
    • Special attacks in the air have generally been tuned to come out faster.
    • DM damage can be scaled down to a maximum of 40% in combos now (as opposed to 50% before). However, scaling for NEOMAX DMs is unchanged.
    • You now get more meter when you are hit by or block an opponent's attacks, making it easier to escape from a rushdown situation using a guard cancel attack or something similar.
    • Backstep turns to aerial state in 1 frame. Backstepping can be used as a way to evade attacks on wakeup.
    • The guard meter's recovery timing and recovery speed has been changed. Compared ot the arcade, it starts to recover sooner after blocking an attack, but its pace of recovery is slower.

2. kevin

kevin RAWR!

King of Fighters, mm I don't think it's a totally chinese version of SF. I still remember playing KOF on Gameboy colour, Kim, Iori (evil and good) and Kyo was my favorite characters.

3. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

The old KOF's are good, KOF 98-99 was my fav. these new ones with the dumb filters are not so good imo, i dont think these games will get much attention.

But that crap looking street fighter vs teakan has my attention.

4. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

I love the characters in KOF. In fact, i think they're better looking than SF....However, KOF is full of repetitions.....in terms of the moves. Every characters have very similar moves and i got bored of it after playing a few times..

So in the end, SF got my win.....but i'm gonna try this out anyways....somehow....

5. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

KOF is pretty popular in non-American territories for some reason.

This game is pretty pure, it's meters and attacks. No come back factors or hand holding. Everythings pretty strict at the execution level. Here's a few VesperArcade videos with hands shown.

[video=youtube;GshYEI-cDB4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GshYEI-cDB4[/video]
    [video=youtube;IpQw93KsqLk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpQw93KsqLk[/video]

6. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Dat ass?

[​IMG]