Li Bingbing to Star in Hollywood Movie, “Resident Evil: Retribution”

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by b-lee, Oct 12, 2011.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

res-evil-retribution.jpg

Since the highly controversial Hollywood sequel, Resident Evil: Retribution was initially revealed, each casting announcement made one wide-eyed. For Chinese fans of the Resident Evil installments, the addition of Li Bingbing (李冰冰) to the cast of the fifth film installment based on the popular game title will serve as another exciting reason to look forward to the movie!

A few days ago, Resident Evil: Retribution star, Milla Jovovich, broke the news that Li Bingbing will be joining the film’s cast as “Ada Wong.” Milla wrote on her Twitter account, “Drum roll please! So, Ada Wong in RE5 is being played by Chinese actress Li Bingbing! We’re so excited! check [her] out on IMDB!”

In fact, on September 23rd, it was revealed that original game characters from Resident Evil, Ada Wong, Leon S. Kennedy, and Barry Burton, will make their first big screen appearances in Resident Evil: Retribution. With the announcement that Ada Wong will be played by the beautiful Li Bingbing, the news made one pleasantly surpised and look forward to her brilliant performance.

In the Resident Evil game, the character of Ada Wong was born in 1974 and had a mixed lineage of American and Chinese parents. Ada was a secret agent of a powerful, mysterious group known as the “Organization” and made her first appearance in the game Resident Evil 2. Since the characters of Ada Wong and Leon S. Kennedy will make their first big screen appearance in Resident Evil: Retribution, it was speculated that Director Paul Anderson will likely depict the emotional love entanglements between the two characters.

As a popular mainland actress, Li Bingbing’s recent critically acclaimed films included The Knot <云水谣>, The Message <风声>, and Detective Dee and the Mystery of the Phantom Flame <狄仁杰之通天帝国>. Li Bingbing’s latest film, 1911 <辛亥革命>, was released in North American theaters several days ago. Previously, Li Bingbing starred opposite Hugh Jackman in Snow Flower and the Secret Fan <雪花與秘扇>. Portraying the classic game character of Ada Wong in Resident Evil: Retribution will pose as a new challenge for Bingbing.

Li-Bingbing-Hugh-Jackman.jpg

Other cast members for Resident Evil: Retribution include Milla Jovovich, Michelle Rodriguez, Shawn Roberts, and Colin Salmon. No doubt, Resident Evil: Retribution is bound to start another strong wave of zombie horror. Filming for the movie will start soon; the movie will be released in 3D format on September 14, 2012 in North America.

Creds: Sohu/Dramasian

2. ultim8camper

ultim8camper Well-Known Member

can she speak english tho ? that would be the question .. i was sick of jay chou in green hornet .. :/

3. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

She can speak english with an accent but it's not too bad. She a very good actress and I do enjoy some of her movies. We'll see.

4. kevin

kevin RAWR!

Ah when I saw that comparison photo I thought they were gonna make a movie like the game graphics (RE Degeneration). This ought to be interesting though but why the long wait! almost 1 year from today (less).

5. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

:facepalm: ada wong seems more eurasian then fob based on her appearance in re4

6. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

ah, so it's her....i was wondering who's gonna be Ada wong. I think Maggie Q fits her better.......but i like li bing bing also.

7. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

maggie q ain't even fucking chinese :facepalm:

8. reno

reno Well-Known Member

li bingbing is quite nice =)
    i gave up on the game ages ago... mite have to revisit before movie!

9. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

RE4 was awesome though! I had the ps2 version and you can play as ada wong...I just don't see how she fits the role at all though. But the movies have a totally different main character so don't care. It has become a mindless action flick unlike the first one which incorporated some horror. Transitioned like the games.

10. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

does maggie q even know real martial arts? lol she was always cast in those roles she's used and abused and annoying.

11. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

ya she does....a little. She learned a little martial arts from Jackie chan.... But hey, either way, she knos more than li bing bing from what i kno of. Plus, she does her own stunts....

wtf happen to my last post......

12. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

lol maybe you deleted it?

but damn she like the generic asian....don't want her playing every dame female action role! i would vote for kristin kruek but she doesnt fit the role too well.

13. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

^Perhaps....

BUT FUCK, forgot about her...yea, kristin imo is also a good choice....Kristin also knos a little acrobatics.....

14. mashimaro9

mashimaro9 Well-Known Member

her english wasn't that bad

15. 小小

小小 (゚ー゚)(。_。)(゚ー゚)(。_。) afk

I still have that game stashed away somewhere, but yeah badass shit back in the day.

There is a sequel to Degeneration called Damnation
    http://www.residentevilcg2.com/
    http://www.biohazardcg2.com/

The only Resident Evil film I enjoyed was the CG one (Degeneration); the live action types has been mediocre.