Longan Vs. Lychee!

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by Great Sage Equal of Heaven, Sep 3, 2006.

?

Which is Better!?

1. Lychee

105 vote(s)
    54.1%
  2. Longan

89 vote(s)
    45.9%
  1. Well tis about that season... cuz I got a bag of longan right now... lol..

both pretty much the same... yet oh so deliciously different...

[​IMG] VS [​IMG]

the Battle for Fruit Supremacy... you decide the winner!!

2. Drunken_Idiot

Drunken_Idiot Well-Known Member

On one of the episodes of 15/16, 1 lychee auctioned off for HK$120K. Some people are just too damn rich.

3. lol huh?? what kinda lychee was that...?? and who's telling you to bite the shell off, havoc?? -lol

4. lol yea peelin' the shell can get pretty annoying...

5. chabunky2000

chabunky2000 Well-Known Member

Logan tasted better, b/c it doesn't have that bitter taste.

6. I wonder if anyone's tried fusing the two together... LongChee... o_O;

7. stardust

stardust Well-Known Member

LYCHEEEE all the wayyyy! -bigclap

no i dun kno wad u mean -huh i always peel it

8. don

don ello

i vote for lychee! i got a bag of longan with me too but they both good! :D

9. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

lychee juice bbt jello .. they're all goood

10. tahahah... that's priceless... -rotfl...

nevermind what he means.. anyone know why there are no longan ice cream?? lychee ice cream common... but longan...??

11. Nirvania

Nirvania I'm BRACK!?

LYchee, longan dont got enough meat

12. good point there... maybe they jusy haven't came up with ways to grow huge longans... I'm sure if American's got a hold of some longans it would be like extra meaty... like streak thick logans... lol...

13. ms-jojo

ms-jojo Well-Known Member

LYCHEE!!! they're so sweet and yummy.. but longans are so much easier to open. =\

14. peachey

peachey Well-Known Member

It's okay. I don't understand him sometimes either. [​IMG] When that happens, I've realized that the best method is to ignore. [​IMG]

Shifting back on-topic... I prefer longans because unlike lychees, they're non-acidic. [​IMG]
    The logans at my local supermarket are pretty plump and juicy. [​IMG]

15. Nirvania

Nirvania I'm BRACK!?

I think Lychee is more popular, because, they make stuff like lychee juice and all that stuff, but is there longan juice? and, Lychee's are red and looks more appetizing

16. LOL really?? I kinda think lychees are a bit easier... ahahah... maybe you got a better technique... please share if you do... cuz I'm just not killin the longans fast enough... -lol

17. ha... true true... of course there's longan juice... but for some reason they just can't make it right... it's like for some reason they just can't mimic the oh so delicious taste of the mysterious longan...

18. Nirvania

Nirvania I'm BRACK!?

Lychee is easier to open cause you get better grip, just peel it half way, squeeze the bottom, and it pops right out. thats how professionals do it.

19. the longan shell seems to be a bit hard to penetrate... and once you squeeze it... juices start flyin everywhere... LOL... is it me or does longan seem to be a bit more juicier... -lol

20. Nirvania

Nirvania I'm BRACK!?

it doesnt matter if you just by the canned ones

american canned longan

[​IMG]