Longest NHL contract ever

Discussion in 'Sports Chat' started by alupin79, Sep 13, 2006.

1. alupin79

alupin79 Well-Known Member

Look like there is not a lot of Hockey fan here but here's the big new of today:

New York Islanders owner Charlie Wang just sign goalie Rick Dipietro to a 15 years 67 millions contrats, all garanted.

Talk about being stupid to sign a player for that long!

2. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

thats only a lil over 4 million a yer..for 15 years? thats not worth th emoney...and this goalie can b traded too so he ain't stayin in islanders for 15 years

3. sp-lork

sp-lork Well-Known Member

why would you sign the player for so long...kinda senseless

4. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

its the players fault for signing..oh well..guess he wants money

5. sp-lork

sp-lork Well-Known Member

that's true...he does get a lot of money outta this contract...

6. i think theres a no trade clause in the agreement.

As for the deal...I've been a hockey fan almost all my whole life.... and heres what i think of the deal its the most ludacrist deal a General manager can make ...it's not that how many years he signed for... it's not even how much amount of money they used it's the talent they signed...

DiPietro has played in the league for 5 years and hasnt played more than 5 playoff games...he ISNT a proven goaltender in NHL I don't know what on earth and why they made this deal.. go ask any hockey fan...this deal does not make sense....... but then again a orgainization that recently named their backup Goalie as the new General Manager this isnt suprising.....they are stuck with this guys contract for next 15 years and he isnt even a average goalie in the league....this is quite sad because NY Islanders has been one of the worst teams in the NHL for the last 10 seasons or so ....you would think they would make adjustments and improvements.

The owner of the NY Islanders needs to fire everyone at front office and start from scratch....seems like they draw these decisons out of a hat or something.

7. alupin79

alupin79 Well-Known Member

Yeah, THE owner need to fired himself since he is the one that making that decision to sign DiPietro and to name Snow as GM :)

8. don

don ello

DiPietro sucks and they r signing him for 15 years.....that's just retarded .....they will have to stick with him for 15 years even if he sucks

9. but if he becomes the next mika kiprusoff then it'll be a steal

10. don

don ello

i think the chances are very rare

11. asianviez

asianviez Well-Known Member

most owners treat their teams as their
    'personal' toys.
    CA wang made his money
    and if he wants to dump it like mark cuban of Nba
    on his new toy,
    I personally think it is a great mkt ploy.
    free buzz.
    islanders are yng team that needs a new
    stadium and fan support.
    nassau colis.. is very old..
    Dr J played there in the old ABA days in 70's.

12. frankocanada

frankocanada Member

that is a stupid contract that i have seen a gm sign ..i meant common ,are they that crazy ,who would want to get this guy ,they look at his contract ,and they don't even want to neaR it ..no wonder the islander has been a mediocre team for so long .. having a gm with no experience to do the job

13. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

keep in mind the guy who made the contract is asian...asian and hockey don't really mix

14. dragonfire7376

dragonfire7376 Active Member

Isn't the longest hockey contract was Mario Lamuiex's contract that he will remain a Pengiun for the rest of his carrier...???

15. foocc

foocc Member

the islanders have a history of weird long deals, like yashin's deal 10 year maximum deal..... at least they are moving up a little under ted nolan. i'm not that impressed with di pietro though, i think that ryan miller is far better

16. krazyaznboi

krazyaznboi Well-Known Member

that is the most riskiest move in the whole entire sports league

17. sunman

sunman Member

well as u can see....this kinda big deal never works out for any teams....it was not a smart move by the Islanders.....the guy is bad....
    Not even the best goalie Martin Brodeur is making that much....who does this guy think he is....

18. bart3215

bart3215 Active Member

well he had a good game today, 56 saves i believe, but he still lost in the shootout lol.

19. musashi99

musashi99 Active Member

I predict Charles Wang/Garth Snow will offer Ryan Smyth a 10 year/$100M contract!

20. chabunky2000

chabunky2000 Well-Known Member

I guess Charlie Wang was smoking weeds when he made this decision.