Looking for job in toronto

Discussion in 'Random / Offtopic' started by renegade_cash, Sep 10, 2009.

1. renegade_cash

renegade_cash Well-Known Member

Hi, can you guys help me. I have a relative that just came from hk and she speaks very fobish english and i need to help her look for a job. Does anyone have any job search resources like jobbank.ca but for specifically for chinese community?

Thanks in advance

2. BestOffer

BestOffer Well-Known Member

is not just about fluent english, history? background? education? experiences? those count in these community...and references from past employees...is she a citizen and is"eligible" to work in Canada? she will also need to apply for a SIN card and MSP etc...no SIN = no work

try starting in an asian community? S.U.C.C.E.S.S might be able to help? how about applying to T&T Supermarket?

3. The_Jelly

The_Jelly NSFW? :P

Go to your local chinese church. I'm sure you'll be able to find someone with connections that can set her up with a job.

4. go to pacific mall and ask if they hiring...last time i was there i saw lot of "hiring" signs

5. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

im pretty sure a lot of stores in pacific mall pays cash and no sin card or visa required. or she can be a waitress at chiense restaurant, but i still suggest her to go to esl school. if all goes bad there's always the entertainment district ;) hahahah jks jks

6. renegade_cash

renegade_cash Well-Known Member

yea shes university grad and has a working permit so it is legal for her to work here. But shes looking for something less temporary so i didnt tell her to take up a part time at pmall or something. I just thought there should be some kind of site where she can apply for jobs.

7. BestOffer

BestOffer Well-Known Member

pay cash = no insurance, imagine she hurt something while working, she will not be covered by EI/CPP (whatever the stuff is in Ontario) = no good; try looking thru S.U.C.C.E.S.S. branches and ask them for information...