Makers of Ivy’s Plagiarized Music Video Indicted

Discussion in 'Korean Entertainment' started by hadouken, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Makers of Ivy’s Plagiarized Music Video Indicted

[​IMG]

The makers of pop singer Ivy’s music video ``Seduction Sonata’’ have been prosecuted for illegally distributing the video, accused of plagiarizing the Japanese video game ``Final Fantasy 7.’’ Prosecutors have indicted without physical detention Lee, director of Ivy’s agency Fantom Entertainment, and Hwang, the producer of the music video.

The music video for ``Seduction Sonata’’ features Ivy as a warrior, fighting against evil to protect a child. The problem arises from the fact that the video’s plotline and outfits worn by the 24-year-old are similar to those of ``Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children.’’ Also, the video clip was distributed on the Internet without consent from the Japanese franchise.

Square Enix said that all parts of the video, except for the dance routine scenes, are identical to the video game. The company filed a request to stop the distribution of the video in March, and prosecutors ruled the video a plagiarization of ``Final Fantasy 7’’ in April.

hyowlee@koreatimes.co.kr

source : korea times

[youtube]r6m01X8Qzkw[/youtube]

2. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

nice, i smelt a lawsuit coming when i watched this....

3. chaos21

chaos21 Member

wow who wouldve thought plagerizing from ff ac lol. yeppp i agree definently lawsuit

4. turbogor

turbogor Well-Known Member

wasn't too smart hey haha

5. stilish

stilish Well-Known Member

i don't know what they were thinking when they did this...did they even considering getting consent first?

6. kaifeng

kaifeng Member

i watched this off of youtube, but does anyone know a place i can download this or anyone have this to upload?...

7. tung

tung Active Member

man, i know ppz usualy like cpy something similiar.. but this is ridicilous.. it basicallly copy almost everything exactly like the same. and yeah, the fight scene in ff7 advent children is hella nice.. and i thought the chinese is famous for plagerizeing stuff.

8. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

LOL I laughed at this. Its just so obvious LOL.

9. macahlo

macahlo New Member

its a good video though. dumb move.

10. gn05

gn05 Member

lol

complete rip...everything from the kid, to the flowers...and even to the walk

dayum <.<

11. ProjectD

ProjectD VIP yay :]

its way too obvious to even begin with

12. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

so obvious it's from advent children...

13. mui

mui Member

gosh wat were they thinking when they made this??????it isnt even like plagerizing but like changing a few things....its EXACTLY the same as ff7 ac......

14. kapkaplui

kapkaplui Well-Known Member

if they copy the outfit and the gloony cathedral feel still bearable... even the fighting moves? Come on lar!

15. Veincentury

Veincentury Well-Known Member

they were probably thinking just "hmm the japanese are across the sea, maybe we can rip off of them without them noticing."

16. Eve

Eve Well-Known Member

Wow, I can't believe they thought they could get away with making something like this without the consent of square enix

17. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

Smart move. Free publicity with the lawsuit. :D

18. Shirotori

Shirotori Member

hehehe this is very dumb that they copy FF7 lol. any person with common sense will know that they would get in trouble if they do that lol

19. Misa-chan™

Misa-chan™ Well-Known Member

She always copys people i thought they get in trouble for copying that video.