Making A Website

Discussion in 'School Work Help' started by spider-man, Mar 25, 2010.

1. spider-man

spider-man Well-Known Member

Someone ask me if I have a website for my Youtube account.

How do I make a website for free?

A website like www.kgyjdthrjs.com

People on Youtube make websites for their Youtube account.

I also want to enable Google Adsense on the website to earn some money if it's possible.
    Thank you.:angel:

#1 spider-man, Mar 25, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  2. I think what they meant by a website on Youtube, is a profile...

When you create an account on Youtube, you're automatically allocated some profile space to upload your videos =O

3. spider-man

I meant a website like www.a5ctfat5.com
    People on Youtube make websites for their Youtube account. I'll edit the first post...

#3 spider-man, Mar 25, 2010
  4. oh I see my mistake.

well the thing with website is this.

unless you are willing to pay at least a small sum of money, you can make a website, but with quite a bit of ads.

it comes down to choosing the web host. some hosts offer you a monthly fee, with some bells and whistles, and no adds.

in regards to making a site, you have the choice of using an application, like dreamweaver and M$ front page, or actually code it by hand using a text editor.

i'd suggest you start reading here, to understand what type of technologies are available to you, for the type of website you want to make:

http://www.w3.org/

5. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

If you want you could probably use some web space allocated to you by your school. For example my high school used FirstClass and it allowed students to make their own website, but you had to get your own XHTML, CSS and other files.

If you are unfamiliar with HTML and other tools then you can refer to http://www.w3schools.com/ I believe this is the correct site... Even though the layout looks totally different. Also read what Dan said :p

6. spider-man

Is it possible to put .exe files on to the website? It's some Visual Basic applications I made for fun and I run the application on the site. That would be cool too.

It's like an Intro to my page.

7. don't put exe files.... people will think you're trying to give them a virus >.<

8. spider-man

lol ok-blush

9. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

well you can post an exe file.. just post a virus scan of the file?

10. yea that could be done too

but jon, you want to write visual basic apps to play on your site?

11. spider-man

Sure-flow
    So, how do you make a site for free? lol

12. hmmmmmmmmm you can't just go out and create a site overnight though.... web development is very extensive, in the sense that there are many technologies you can use to design a website, many standards you have to abide to etc etc.

honestly, the only thing i can think of, to introduce you to web development, is to sign up on some free web host, and generate a template... once you publish your site using a default template given by the webhost, you can look at the source code of the page by right clicking your page, and choose "view source" (depending on what browser you're using).

try it with PA, right click, view source code, and you can view the source code of the page. this way you can learn how to code a page.

but if you want to design a website without coding, you can use dreamweaver or microsoft front page to design your website using a User Interface... it's like using Photoshop. once done, the software will create the pages for you, and code everything for you. downside? these applications are a tad expensive...

honestly, i'd suggest you go to your local library or buy a book on intro to web designing, as a start. (that's what i did =)

13. spider-man

System.out.println("Thanks");
    :)

14. John1538

John1538 Member

Just make a blog.

It's free and easy to make.

15. KilaKilaGirl

KilaKilaGirl Well-Known Member

dude, just ask the ones that created this forum! i'm sure he would like to give you a pointers or 2

16. John1538

John1538 Member

Forums are more about topic discussions. He probably wants a blog to write down his information, and talk about himself. Since it's based on Youtube.

-worship

#16 John1538, Mar 31, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  17. spider-man

#17 spider-man, Sep 29, 2011
  18. zylo

zylo Well-Known Member

to create a forum u need to know a lot of html / php etc

19. ahhamah

ahhamah Well-Known Member