MASS EFFECT 360 Game PC port

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by ralphrepo, Jun 18, 2008.

1. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

I had loved the original Mass Effect on the 360. headbang2 After reading that the PC port took away many of the complaints of the original game on the 360, I went and plunked down 60 bucks yesterday for the PC version. Anyone else hooked on this game?

Mass Effect in game videos and trailers: http://masseffect.bioware.com/gallery/index.html

Ralph

#1 ralphrepo, Jun 18, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  2. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Bad news. After installing and playing the game for about a day, I saved, went to sleep and when I woke up, tried to play the game again. No go. Somehow, after hours of reading internet forums, the game is crippled by a SecuROM antipiracy scheme (which makes it check for pirating emulation software) and the game stopped running. According to the securom site msg, something about a "process explorer" is triggering the fault to prevent the game from running.

After spending a day with it, I've had it. As great as the game is, I'm bringing it back to the store and waiting for pirated version.

Ralph

3. exiled

exiled Well-Known Member

i think you either have to verify every 2 days over the internet or you have to call them every 2 days so they can verify you did not pirate the game. this really took the fun out of the game so i did not buy. since i dont like pirating games im not even going to play it.

4. annoying security options ruin games all the damn time....