McDonald’s Strange Menu Around the World

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by Maverick, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

McDonald’s Strange Menu Around the World

by B. Adlaon, Jul 19, 2007
    So you think you know the McDonald's menu like the back of your hand? Think again. From McDonald's international, here are some menu items you have probably never tried before.

Good morning, welcome to McDonald's. May I have your order please?

INDIA

In India, there are no Big Macs because the Hindu people don't eat beef.
    However, they have the Maharaja Mac, which is a Big Mac made of lamb or chicken meat. There is also a vegetarian burger, the McAloo Tikki.
    [​IMG]

NORWAY

In fish-loving Norway, they have the McLaks, a [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]sandwich[/FONT][/FONT] made of grilled salmon and dill sauce.
    [​IMG]

GERMANY

It's bottoms up in Germany, where McDonald's serves - Beer!
    [​IMG]

CANADA

In parts of [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Canada[/FONT][/FONT], have a lobster dinner with the McLobster lobster roll. Pardon me - "McHomard" (in French).
    [​IMG]

JAPAN

Japan totally reinvents McDonald's with its Ebi Filet-O (shrimp burgers), Koroke Burger (mashed potato, cabbage and katsu sauce, all in a sandwich), Ebi-Chiki (shrimp nuggets) and [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Green [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tea[/FONT][/FONT]-flavored milkshake!
    [​IMG]

CHILE

In Chile, you can dress your burgers with - not ketchup - avocado paste!
    [​IMG]

COSTA RICA

In [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Costa [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Rica[/FONT][/FONT], unsurprisingly, you can order Gallo Pinto, meaning rice and beans.
    [​IMG]

GREECE

It's not Greek without pita, so when in [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Greece[/FONT][/FONT], have a Greek Mac, a burger made of patties wrapped in pita.
    [​IMG]

HONG KONG

Rice-loving [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hong [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Kong[/FONT][/FONT], has - of course - Rice Burgers, where the burgers are in between, not burger buns, but two patties of glutinous rice.
    [​IMG]

ISRAEL

In Israel, McDonald's has 3 kosher restaurants where cheeseburger and dairy products are not served because Jewish Law forbids serving "the child [cow/beef] in its mother's milk [dairy]." They have McShawarma, meat in a [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]pita [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]bread[/FONT][/FONT] roll.
    [​IMG]

URUGUAY

In Uruguay, they have the McHuevo, which is like a regular hamburger, but it is topped with a poached egg.
    [​IMG]

2. BabyRain

BabyRain Doppelgänger of da E.Twin

^How come there's no Malaysia's version? lol
    I remember there's one veggie burger before called Maharaja something.. It's yummy!

I would love try the India, Japan and Norway's versions!!

3. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

Can ya take a picture and send it to me? -evil
    Then I can add this as Malay burger -bigsmile

4. WinterSky

WinterSky Well-Known Member

wowz.... soo cool.... i wana see what fast food fish taste like ^_^ or the lobster one seems appealing too.

5. BabyRain

BabyRain Doppelgänger of da E.Twin

No, they don't sell it anymore -.-
    But during CNY, they'll come up with Prosperity burger.

6. philostrate

philostrate Well-Known Member

we have bubur ayam McD....chicken congee...

[​IMG]

i want to try hong kong's rice burger and japan's korokke burger!! i'm a fan ob ebi korokke lol

7. lee-lee

lee-lee Well-Known Member

mmm...i want a rice burger..looks soooooo good!!
    I've had the lobster roll. not good. no lobster at all.

8. asiangang

asiangang Well-Known Member

ooo...some of them looks pretty goodXD...but some are just gross...lol

9. Veincentury

Veincentury Well-Known Member

lol in NY there's is the McHeartAttack
    all 1000 calories and high saturated fat

[​IMG]

10. Yong-Shi

Yong-Shi Well-Known Member

Wow, seriously...McDonald's seems to adjust its menu to accomodate the usual taste buds of the people living in each ethnic country. As I was going down the list looking at all the pictures, I was a bit awed to find out what different types of add-ons and variations were made, haha.

11. philostrate

philostrate Well-Known Member

lol this's funny!! they should change the name to McObese lmao...i should go and eat it if i have the chance to visit NY

12. doubleblanks

doubleblanks Well-Known Member

WHAT!!! they have salmon, lobster and rice burgers?!?!?!?! damn cheap UK, most people end up eating chicken and chips forever >_<

13. yakima

yakima Member

Found this ad.......

[​IMG] :D

14. serenah

serenah Member

interesting thread. i would have thought there would be more countries. =__=;; but out of the ones that are there...i would have to say that Costa Rica is the odd one because its so...simple and unmaccas like?

15. ks.ayo

ks.ayo Well-Known Member

Norway and Chile look so nice...

costa rica and hong kong just look like a lump of sh*t... lol

16. of course... a lobster costs 3 times as much as a sandwich itself lmao

i wanna try all of them....

17. Veincentury

Veincentury Well-Known Member

It's called the double quarter pounder.(which equates to half a lb. of meat.) I had it once and almost fainted from the cholesterol, fat, and calories when I stood up.-dead

18. smallrinilady

smallrinilady Well-Known Member

rice paddies, a little funny

19. missy_chryssy

missy_chryssy Member

We have the McKroket in The Netherlands.. It's fried Goulash.. :p yummy
    [​IMG]

And we eat the fries with mayonaise instead of ketchup

20. SmileXD

SmileXD Member

I want to go to the McDonalds in Norway and Canada. LOL
    They look fancy. heheheee