"Middle-aged Women" Michelle Yim, Maggie Cheung, Joyce Tang, Elena Kong: Be Determined!

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by Dav, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

Source: Oriental Daily [08/08/2010]
    Translated by: aZnangel

[​IMG]

"Middle-aged Women" Michelle Yim, Maggie Cheung, Joyce Tang, Elena Kong: Be Determined!

In all stages of life, certain problems will bound to appear, this does not exclude the "middle-aged" stage. Current "middle-ages" Maggie Cheung, Joyce Tang, Elena Kong and Michelle Yim solves this riddle together. Maggie discusses the "defeated dog" (敗犬) term ("defeated dog" a term labeling unmarried middle-aged women), Michelle talks about "middle-age double lost", and Joyce agrees to Elena's words, being a third person is just making more problems for yourself!

QUESTION #1: In the world of "middle-aged women", plastic surgery is always one of the topics! Women getting any more prettier still will not get away from aging, plastic surgery is a 'savior' to aging women who don't want to turn old and ugly. How do you 4 beauties view plastic surgery?

Joyce: If your appearance doesn't look good, then it could cause some mental obstruction. I feel that this is possible, but careful not to get too addicted because once you start doing plastic surgery, you'll end up doing more and more. Actually women who have self-confidence are just as beautiful. You can say good or bad, but actually inner beauty is the most important. If a person has no taste or no content in what they are saying, then it doesn't matter how beautiful they are.

Michelle: But I feel that if a person does not have enough self-confidence, just do a little plastic surgery can really make them prettier, then I will encourage.

Elena: I done it before... (Everyone: Huh?!) my teeth. I am thankful of my family, getting braces for me when I was 13 years old. In the past I was buck teeth and I couldn't close my lips all the way. After the braces, besides having straighter teeth, I can even close my lips together too, much prettier. However, I did sacrifice too, at the time I pulled off 4 teeth and was in pain for 3 years.

Joyce: When I was young, initially I wanted to get braces, but after pulling my 4 teeth, the doctor said that because my teeth were too frail so I couldn't get braces.

Maggie: Elena looks different now than before, I am interested in seeing this. Plastic surgery, I feel that if it's necessary, allowing people to have a better view of you, then I won't oppose to it. However, don't go over the line with it. Have to understand how to be satisfied with what you have.

QUESTION #2: Many Hong Kong women have their own careers, financially independent, but when they reach middle-age they are still single and hard to avoid people gossiping. In Japan, they started using the term 'defeating dog' to describe....

Michelle: Anyone will have opponents. People who don't like you, then should just speak up directly, don't hold it in the heart.

Maggie: It's their mouth, can't care too much about what they say!

Michelle: 'defeat dog' is just a label.

Elena: What I feel is, what is anyone's business if someone is middle-aged and single? I am happy and that's enough, whether or not a woman is pretty or not is not the most important, it is the self-confidence that is more important. Having the confidence, will have the brilliance, this is something no one can give you.

Maggie: Actually 'defeat dog' these two words, is it an arrogant and inferior man who thought of it?

Everyone: Yeah!

Elena: And let those inferior men feel better, haha!

Michelle: Yeah, why can't they use a prettier name?!

Joyce: For example "superior female" is pretty good!

Elena: "Excellent Girl" is good!

Michelle: Excellent Girl sounds more like a worried girl. "Superior Female" means "outstanding girl" in the Chinese language.

QUESTION #3: Women are charging, charging and charging for their careers, up until a certain age they will start to feel embarrassed: The unmarried men around them are dissatisfied them, while many other men are married, should they give up on career and start thinking about love life? Or maybe fall for a married man unknowingly. If you all experience this situation, how would you approach it?

Elena: You don't necessary have to say you like someone, can't have a crush? Speaking up will just break up his family. Change the perspective and admire him a little, that's not bad! You will not always get the best things in life, being a third person is really painful!

Maggie: I am a person who fears trouble, I like a simple life, don't want to deal with complex problems. If I really do fall for a married man, I won't be quietly admiring him nor will I have take any action because if so, I don't know if what other problems would come, it's not worth it. If two people really have fate, then the man wouldn't have gotten married, why force it!

QUESTION #4: When a person gets to the middle-age, what are they most afraid of? In the series, Michelle plays Mrs. Cast who lost her career and marriage. If these ladies experience a "middle-age double lost", what would they do?

Joyce: I completely agree with Elena and Maggie. We can't get all the beautiful things out there.

Elena: Most important is don't rely on someone else, not even the parents. After all, one day parents will leave you, so it is more important to know how to take care of yourself, even if you had a double lost during your mid-life. You can go face it bravely.

Maggie: Career = Financial status. Financial status = Independence. Independence = Freedom. In life, people experience ups and downs, must be able to 'plan ahead for a rainy day'. That's how you avoid being afraid of change.

Elena: Also if there is a current person in the household who holds an important position, you must still have a back up plan, so even if you lose everything, you can go out and make an income. Don't have a burden of the good times you had before, nothing is everlasting.

Joyce: Even if you are married, definitely don't separate from the current time period. Don't rely on one person, otherwise if that person leaves you, then it'll feel like the world's ending. Even if your married, must maintain your circle of friends, Maggie told me years ago: Love yourself, be determined!

Encourage women to stand up

Michelle: Actually after so much talk, we are all just trying to encourage people who have encountered such situation, how to start fresh after experiencing a difficult time. First, the most important part is you mentally, remember you can still keep going afterward, hurry and meet more friends, read more news and improve with society. Strive to save money, plan ahead and prepare for the future, and learn to have an open-minded attitude. Look at those negative things positively, then nothing can stand in your way.

Joyce: Exactly. Just like after a break-up, you can think of it in a way of getting more freedom. Although it feels like Ah Q's spirit, but think of it positively, then will everything be beneficial and no harm.

Epilogue: Michelle Yim wants a photo book?!

"Three Women One Market", Four women is a pile of gossip, but these four ladies came together because of one TV series Beauty Knows No Pain, and established a deep friendship. Asked the four ladies why the relationship is so good? Michelle thought for a moment and laughed: "because we think maturely, are tolerant, and plus we are all career-minded people, so we get along comfortably."

Among the four, the one who is richest in life experiences is Michelle. She has an unique insight on many things, so every time when a friend encounters a problem, they like to ask Michelle and think of her as a the wise lady. She felt that movies and television series shows what we can see in the world. If a female friend encounters marital problems, she would first tell her to watch Stephen Chow and Sandra Ng's movie Love Is Love, then will she understand the principles the movie conveys: married women need to advance together, otherwise will get ignored. Speaking of the leng mo photo books, Michelle laughed and said that she is a pretty girl and has interest in participating to leave the youthfulness in the shadows. Unfortunately, the eventual release will become more and more devious, causing a bad social atmosphere to society.

------------------------
    Interview Location: Albistro Mediterranean Restaurant & Bar
    Hairstylists:Paul@Salon Nice (Michelle Yim), Raymond@LA Chioma-IL Colpo Group (Elena Kong)

2. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

There's alot of pretty girls in this series. i like it.