“Mirotic” is b-b-b-banned

Discussion in 'Korean Entertainment' started by Raindropz, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Raindropz

Raindropz Anemone--

“Mirotic” is b-b-b-banned ><
    Dec.1st,2008

[​IMG]

Mirotic,” the title track off Dong Bang Shin Ki’s 4th Korean album has been deemed “inappropriate” for youths by the Commission of Youth Protection. Not surprisingly, much earlier on, there was speculation in a lot of internet forums discussing the content of the lyrics to “Mirotic.” Fans tried to decipher the meaning of the inclusion of the words “red ocean” and “crystal” to represent “hymen” and “sperm,” respectively.
    Though the Commission has not explicitly stated why they feel the song is not suitable for teens and young adults, the song is now not allowed to be played on television programs or radio broadcasts until after 10PM. The 4th album will also have the “Unsuitable for people under 19″ sticker affixed to it. This brings up the question as to whether or not there will be a “clean” version of “Mirotic” released in the future, and whether or not they’ll still perform the original song on award shows that come later in the year.

[​IMG]

Also deemed inappropriate by the Commission was Rain’s “Rainism,” Solbi’s “Do it Do it” and Dynamic Duo’s “Make Up Sex.” It’s quite evident from the name of Dynamic Duo’s song why they would get banned, but you’ve got to go into all sorts of deep ends to try to come up with the hymen/sperm interpretations of DBSK’s song. SM Entertainment is said to be debating with the Commission right now for further explanation of the ban.

Credits: seoulbeats

2. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

Whhhatt? thats stupid?!
    i listened to mirotic...an looked at the lyrics....doesnt seem sexually explicit to me....
    (¬¬)

3. kristin

kristin Member

ya... its stupid to ban mirotic song... sigh.. there's ntg wrong with de lyrics ler...

4. LOL I remember my friend was tellin me Rain was singin something about a stick :xd:
    Bwahahahaha