Mr. Hong Kong 2007 Candidates Revealed

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by Maverick, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

Mr. Hong Kong 2007 Candidates Revealed

[​IMG]
    Caption: FIRST ROW (KNEELING): From left to right- #1 Zico Hau Kin Man, #2 Michael Chiu Kwok Tung, #3 Ryan Ngaan Kwai Jau, #4 Jackie Cheng Ka Chung, #5 Derek Wan Sueng Yue, #6 Leo Lee Ho.
    SECOND ROW (STANDING):
    From left to right- #7 Benjamin Yuen Wai Ka, #8 Jacky Lee Sin Hang, #9 Kelvin Lam Cheuk Fung, #10 Raymond Sin Chun Wai, #11 Wu Chi Wai, and #12 John Chun Yiu Man.

[​IMG]
    The 12 candidates in the Mr. Hong Kong 2007 competition met the press. The candidates were divided into the "Youth" and "Mature" groups. The men wore white shirts with jeans as well as basketball workout clothes. Aside from demonstrating their basketball skills, they also lifted dumbells to show off their muscles.
    Several candidates in the "Youth" category appeared to be weak and effeminate, obviously losing out to the men in the "Mature" group. However they had charming smiles, hoping to leave a lasting impression.
    This year's Mr. Hong Kong competition will be held on August 11th. TVB executives, Mr. Ho Lai Chuen and Producer, Ho Siu Wai were present. Shermon Tang Sheung Man acted as the MC.

The candidates did a catwalk and introduced themselves. Perhaps due to meeting the press for the first time, the men appeared nervous.
    During the basketball demonstration, #3 Ryan Ngaan Kwai Jau, a Rain look-a-like, shot the most hoops. Ryan noted that his strength was in badminton. He had a distinctive smile and regarding his resemblance to Rain, the Korean superstar, Ryan responded, "If you think I resemble him, then I guess so." (Did Ngaan's confidence stem from his resemblance to Rain?) "No." (What makes you stand out from the rest of the candidates?) "I guess it's because I look like Rain."
    [​IMG]
    However #6 Leo Lee Ho was effeminate and could not shoot any basketballs, with the ball often leaving his grasp.
    The "Mature" candidates succeeded in both body form as well as expertise. #7 Benjamin Yuen Wai Ka's basketball skills were good, but #11 Wu Chi Wai (a Wong Cho Lam look-a-like) could not make any hoops.
    Some of the "Youth" candidates were frowning intensively while trying to lift 15 pound dumbells, again losing out to the "Mature" candidates.
    At 5 feet 6 inches, the 18 year old, #5 Derek Wan Sheung Yue, was the shortest candidate. Derek felt that he may lose out in height, but hopes to impress with his dazzling smile. Since he was so young, what qualities can he represent Hong Kong with? "Actually, I can be very manly. When I was a lifeguard, I saved someone's life!"
    #7 Benjamin Yuen Wai Ka filmed movies in the past, but left the entertainment industry in 2004. However he entered the Mr. Hong Kong competition because he wanted to return to the industry again. Due to his past experience in the entertainment industry, Benjamin was quite calm and confident during his catwalk, placing him as one of the early favorites.
    #10 Raymond Sin was nicknamed "long-haired Kenneth Ma Kwok Ming." Due to his tall height, long hair, and cool image, he was one of the favorites.
    #11 Wu Chi Wai was originally from Beijing and has only resided in Hong Kong for one year. He is currently taking classes at the Performance Academy and learning Chinese dance and modern dance. Lacking fluency in Cantonese, Wu knew that he needs more practice.

MR. HONG KONG 2007 PROFILES

#1 Zico Hau Kin Man- 21 yrs old, 5'10", 152 lbs. Actor (high school education).
    #2 Michael Chiu Kwok Tung, 20 yrs old, 6', 179 lbs. Fitness trainer (high school education).
    #3 Ryan Ngaan Kwai Jau- 22 yrs old, 5'8.5", 155 lbs. Model (high school graduate).
    #4 Jackie Cheng Ka Chung- 18 yrs old, 5'7", 127 lbs. Student (undergraduate).
    #5 Derek Wan Sueng Yue- 18 yrs old, 5'6.5", 154 lbs. Student (undergraduate).
    #6 Leo Lee Ho- 18 yrs old, 5'10.25", 142 lbs. Student (high school graduate).
    #7 Benjamin Yuen Wai Ka- 26 yrs old, 5'9.5", 159 lbs. Marketing Supervisor (Fitness Trainer Certificate).
    #8 Jacky Lee Sin Hang- 30 yrs old, 5'11", 150 lbs. Accounts Representative (college graduate).
    #9 Kelvin Lam Cheuk Fung- 25 yrs old, 5'10.5" , 155 lbs. Phd candidate.
    #10 Raymond Sin Chun Wai- 27 yrs old, 5'11", Model (college graduate).
    #11 Wu Chi Wai- 25 yrs old, 5'9", 145 lbs, Graduate student.
    #12 John Chun Yiu Man (From Tennessee, USA)- 43 yrs old, 5'8.5", 163 lbs. Engineer (college graduate).
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

At 43 years old, #12 Chun Yiu Man was the oldest candidate. He was already married and has one son and daughter. With his family's support, Chun especially came from the USA to compete in the Mr. Hong Kong 2007 pageant.

The Mr. Hong Kong candidates will be filming hot springs and water park footage. To avoid overexposure of the candidates, the design of the swimming trunks will follow a rigorous procedure.
    As to the MC for the finals night, many hope that Carol Dodo Cheng Yu Ling will reprise the honor. Source: Wenweipo, Mingpao, Orientaldaily

2. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

Now we have Chick and Duck contest in HK -rotfl
    Just hope that they are not infected with H5N1 -bigsmile

3. khmkan

khmkan Active Member

eh...3 are only 18...isn't take a little young?
    lmao...thinking of it, I'm about their age =S

4. philostrate

philostrate Well-Known Member

yikes the spandex fetish man and gangsta is in too lol

5. please give credits for your news...maverick....thankyou.

6. honkiebonkie

honkiebonkie Well-Known Member

they seem to like younglings~

that 43 year old guy >.>"" -ann

7. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

Ive seen nicer looking males than them. -huh

8. ukbutterflygal

ukbutterflygal Well-Known Member

hmmm...none of them really stand out..but mayb poor pics:p

9. xng

xng Member

I think last year hong kong candidates are better.

10. ProjectD

ProjectD VIP yay :]

some look a bit old for their age

11. michelle

michelle Member

None of them are nice, Last year Mr HK is the best!!!

12. JinnyJin

JinnyJin Member

wow...they dont really look outstanding....none of them POP OUT at me....the 43 yr old....ionno if he has a chance

13. ks.ayo

ks.ayo Well-Known Member

oh dear... -boat

14. Kaitou_Kid

Kaitou_Kid Well-Known Member

none of them are like really hot. haha. and i agree with some of the posts above...some do look very very old :(

15. rainbowstars28

rainbowstars28 Well-Known Member

they're soo ugly

16. wats_blue

wats_blue Well-Known Member

totally agree!

17. Flolo

Flolo Member

haha cant wait to watch it.,..mr hk is still pretty undeveloped i rkon

18. Scherazarde

Scherazarde Active Member

What?! I never knew that there was a Mr. Hong Kong.

19. dreyvii

dreyvii Well-Known Member

Oh no...no eye candy...

20. muffin_gal

muffin_gal Member

LOL!! the 43 yr old guy is so funny!!! AHAHA
    i admire his courage to take part in Mr HK @ 43 HAHA