My review on this series

Discussion in 'The Ultimate Crime Fighter - 通天幹探' started by Espresso Bunny, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Espresso Bunny

Espresso Bunny Well-Known Member

Let me start off by saying, this is a very unique series. A blend of some supernatural and crime fighting story.

I felt that the overall plot, story and character development took a wrong turn when CHING CHING died. Her death was sudden, her scene was not even typical. Then the story of a foster daughter and love triangles and relationships just doesn't end well.

The worst part is when MOSES becomes crazy and insane. The relationship of MOMO + MOSES blossoms too fast and shouldn't have happened. To me, it seems like another weird ending like in the HOG where LINDA + MOSES got together at the last second.

Still very suspensful, but they shouldn't have mixed the supernatural aspects of it as it didn't matter.

2. densha

densha Well-Known Member

I felt this was a unique series. It's quite different from most other cop series, where they have a mysterious criminal case and being solved after every 3 episodes or so.

UCF first had those elements, then just broke off after Gigi died where the main focus is on Moses, Kevin, Yuen Biao and Yoyo.

For some reason I felt the ending wasnt too rush and everything settled. Yuen Biao survived and will lived happily with Maggie and the two kids. Moses admit his guilts and did the right thing by serving sentence in jail, awaiting to be released one day and rejoin Yoyo and their son.

Not bad, I liked this series overall. A bit of a twist for sure, and quite intense in the last few episodes.

3. westkikass

westkikass Active Member

yeh at the beginning i was addicted by the first case because it kinda had this supernatural feeling but after that it all went down hill nothing was really mysterious.... i guess they just lacked ideas after teh first case

4. miracle*

miracle* Member

i reali lykd the mystery beginning since it kept me guessing what the answer was to the case but i lost interest a bit afterwards ....... it reali surprised me that kevin was gay in this series though

5. jklee369

jklee369 Well-Known Member

Didnt think this would be good from the initial episodes but was pleasantly surprised, defo worth watching

6. i really liked the the beginning too but then it kinda turned sour after a while and then the ending was really weird and whack. but the beginning was worth while watching. keep me in suspense trying to figure out how they got killed

7. pose

pose Member

In my opinion, the writers ran out of ideas. There was no reason to make Moses go on a rampage. It didn't feel right alongside the rest of the story.