My summer vacation ruined

Discussion in 'The Rant Section' started by kdotc, Apr 23, 2011.

1. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

i just feel like ranting.

ok, basically my family and other families go on a trip together every year and this year they decided to go on a west coast tour in Canada. I really don't want to go and want to go to HK instead since I believe I will have more fun than last year I went. I basically know a lot about HK and want to learn more therefore I want to go and also my HKID. I need that in case I decide to work there in the future. But my mom is pressuring me to go to this trip even though it cost like 1000 excluding food which is equivalent to me going to HK. 2 of the younger people aren't going out of the 5 therefore I don't want to go too since its not the same. But then my mom gave me a bunch of lame excuses saying blah blah blah about them not going but it doesn't make sense and I should have a choice too. My mom paid the deposit today therefore I HAVE to go now and pay for it too. I was okay at first since I thought EVERYONE was going so it would be fun and she said she got a good deal on it. But everything was false and im not dumb. So anyways im like okay whatever since i'm planning on going somewhere alone like cali or something from Vancouver. But not I have to come back to Toronto because I was going to use a 25% off discount I got for Air Canada for everyone else. I originally was going to use that to L.A then use my aeroplan to fly back home but now i have to use this coupon to save everyone else $50. If only i didn't talk about the 25% off but if i didn't 4 people in my family would be paying $50 more for each ticket because my mom's friend told her to buy the tickets today at her discounted price. There is more to this but I don't want to rant more. Basically now im stuck on a tour to vancouver. Being on a bus that long isn't fun. I was on a bus for 7 days in Japan but we weren't on the bus for that long each time and went to many places and it included meals!.............

June 25-july 6 - includes nice hotels and Banff admissions but not food or attractions.

Day 1 - Sudbury = Sault Ste Marie
    Day 2 - Sault Ste MArie - Wawa - Winnie the pooh Home town - THunder Bay
    Day 3 - Thunder Bay - Kenora - Winnipeg
    Day 4 - Winnipeg Brandon - Regina
    Day 5 - Regina - Drumheller - Calgary
    Day 6 - Calgary - Banff
    Day 7 - Banff - Columbia Icefield - Lake Louise - Vernon
    Day 8 - Vernon - Kamloops - Vancouver
    Day 9 - Vancouver

staying over 3 days to go to victoria and seattle

Is this really better than going to HK? Even my Japan tour alone is better IMO

2. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

You're BUSSING from Toronto TO Vancouver? If so.. wow. Prepare yourself with like.. shit loads of dramas to watch. Would be better if tour bus included a electricity plug.

& also, is it 1000$ per person or total price as a whole? If its per person.. then HK is way better.

Even though if it isn't per person.. i'd still prefer to go HK or Japan. However, family is something you cant buy.. so you sorta have to put them in priority :O ~~

3. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

This 'vacation' sounds like a total joke.

Then again, I haven't been on a vacation since 2008 and I've done nothing but work 40+ hour weeks in the summer, so this is pretty much how I feel right now:

[​IMG]

4. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

i HATE tour buses... it might have just been the ones i've been on, but too less freedom and too much driving... it would of been nice to see you drop by LA, but maybe next time! HK def would have been better i think.

5. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

i was looking forward to go to cali after vancouver..and if i go hk i wiill have enough points to go cali roundtrip from toronto...all plans are ruined... im speding money on this useless trip..i guess the only good thing is seeing friend in calgary and a friend in vancouver..other than that im so mad.. i know its family but the 2 others aroudn my age aren't goin so it doesn't feel the same as the previous vacations.. ive been mad/stressed/pissed for 3 days about this and arguin with mom...i get bus sick too stayin on a bus that long

6. bus trips are bad ...everything is planned and rushed...after the trip doesn't feel like you were in the city..not enough time to 'take in the city'...well from my personal experience...it maybe cheap ...but experience is crap!
    spend a bit more and go to Hong Kong!

7. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

When you go on a tour with like... as a group. You go to attractions together.. & the free time you have is minimum. You will always have no freedom & everything will feel rushed.. as if you weren't even on a tour

8. Lol I wouldn't call that a bad trip... I wouldn't mind taking that exact trip myself lol.

9. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

People either love those trips or hate them with a passion.

I grew up on those kinds of bus trips and so did my kids. My mother took us on those things because, 1. It was cheap and she has five kids, 2. the whole thing is planned out so we won't have to worry about getting lost, parking, driving, whatever. The obvious trade off is you're going to have to suck it up and stay within the group's activities. If you happen to be a bit more independent minded and want to see more or other stuff on your own, then you're stuck and without recourse. But for an extended family get together they can be a great experience. It's too bad Kdotc has gotten to the age where he needs more than that to feel stimulated; ie. to the point where he now feels he ain't getting his money's worth and that his holiday has been ruined. It's clear that he's outgrown that mode of summer entertainment but his mother hasn't yet realized it.

But frankly, I agree with Dan. That does sound like a really good trip because I've never been to those places. I've seen just about all of the US where Chinese tour operated motor coach trips go (been going since I was a kid and I'm almost retired, LOL...) and they can still be a lot of fun!

#9 ralphrepo, Apr 24, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
  10. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

You might be able to find some hot chicks on your tour bus!!!
    Gotta think positive bro!!!

11. MrCooperS

MrCooperS Well-Known Member

I fucking hate buses, let alone bus tours. I can barely stand 4 hours in a bus to NY, and you have to do it for a week? No thanks, fuck the family, I'd go to Hong Kong. You couldn't pay me to go on a bus trip.

12. I agree.... most bus tours blow.... especially bus tours that require you to travel for super long periods of time...... I suppose it's really only good if its a foreign country.... like Japan where the bus tour sounds decent...

mehhh it just means you have time for the toronto meet

13. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

wow you went to japan on your own...?...thas impressive...id be pretty scared on my own =/

awww treat the this holiday as a spending time with your fam...and try to enjoy it than resent it..?..
    anddd mebe you'll actually enjoy it...if ya looky at it with diff. perspective..instead of hating..?..

ive been on a few bus tours...with fam. yeshh i hated it how i was the youngest out of everyone...
    coz the tour we were booked on was mostly retired por pors and kung kungs....but i did enjoy it
    in the end...and got chatting to some of the other people on the tour...which was nice...coz they
    were complimenting me on whut a good kid i was spending time with my fam. etc...and how their
    own kids just block them and dun spend anytime with them which was sorta sad i thought =/

14. Je Zh

Je Zh Active Member

Well..The deposit is already paid for. Why not try to enjoy the vacation? You can think of this as spending quality time with your family (mom, etc). In a few years maybe things will be different. You'll be living in another country, and these opportunities will be rare. You'll wish you had spent more time.