My take and thoughts. *Might have spoilers*

Discussion in 'The Seventh Day - 最美麗的第七天' started by Espresso Bunny, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Espresso Bunny

Espresso Bunny Well-Known Member

I thought this series was something TVB has never done before, or at least not in a great while. This series was underlay with korean drama feel; the melodrama type. I like the way they integrated the mystery artist, but it didn't serve too much of a purpose. I thought they could've integrated it better. The bridge of the cartoon characters don't even connect that well, other than mere acquaintances (bosco and kevin together).

Cons:
    `Some parts like the dad coming in for kevin, and the hiv girl (selena) was unnecessary. I think they were injected with no real reason. More could've been done for the other characters.
    `I enjoyed watching Bosco + Natalie more than Kevin and Nikki. Which is a shocker for TVB !

Overall:
    The ending was terribly weak, rushed. However it was covered with great success, and happiness which balanced it out (like all tvb shows). There were some inconsistencies and the relationship mendings seemed cliche, and too quick. Though, it is still a touching film. I thought it fell short in trying to create a mellow-drama type of film.

Not bad, I give it a 7.5/10