NBA 2k9

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by honkiebonkie, Dec 20, 2008.

1. honkiebonkie

honkiebonkie Well-Known Member

It's once again time to drive the lane with this 2008 edition of 2K Sports' b-ball game. NBA 2K9 is the premier basketball game for serious players, delivering a realistic, stylistic, and feature-rich simulation basketball experience. This year's edition features Association 2.0, a robust franchise mode giving you access to all the latest rumors, trades, scores news stories and more.
    Genre: Sports
    Local Play: 4 Versus
    Online Play: 2 Versus

Also Available On: Xbox 360, PlayStation 2, PC
    Release Date: October 10, 2008 (AU)
    October 10, 2008 (AU)
    October 10, 2008 (AU)

Features
    Specs
    Editions

General Features
    • 2K HD – Breathtaking action in full HD resolution brings you radically improved facial textures and eye movement, true-to-life crowd reactions and celebration sequences, and much more.
    • Styles Upon Styles – New Signature Defensive Styles and more Signature Shots, dunks and free throws give you EVEN MORE distinctive player styles.
    • Adaptive AI – Now your teammates and your opponents read,react, and adjust in real time to match your gameplay strategies.
    • The Association 2.0 - All-new NBA.com interface, Player Ambitions, Player Scouting, and more options for the casual player make this the most robust Franchise mode ever

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]

Has anyone got the game or played?

-322 seeds, 1583 leechers

2. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

i have it... it's about the same as last years game... but the lock down mode is toned down, which is good... steals are toned down a bit, ball glitching i think is up a bit and i think the best part is association drafting is now top to bottom and bottom to top... o and when u update the rosters, don't get the official updates, omg they're terrible... derrick rose is my boy and all, but he don't deserve 92 for dunking and 99 for ball handling... andre miller is old, breaking his ankles don't mean u get 99 for ball handling -.-;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nonsHIZcIhI&feature=related

btw, it was a goal tend ;)

3. wack0z

wack0z Active Member

definiTEly downloading...thanks...does anybody know what controllers is compatible with the pc version...?

4. honkiebonkie

honkiebonkie Well-Known Member

ive seen my friends use the wireless/wire PC version of the xbox 360 controller, heard its good so you might wana check it out:whistling:

5. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

it's weird for me... i prefer the 360 controller for most sports...

6. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

i have it for ps3, and i gotta say is that its great. About the same compare to 2k8 but graphic wise a bit better, ALMOST glitch free. AI are much smarter and twice as hard

Lebron is godly however so i always end up double teaming him -.-

7. phear8

phear8 Member

NBA games are often good, if you're a die-hard fan like me =D
    I hear lebron is godlike in this game. Well he is godlike in the league anyways

8. erayser_168

erayser_168 Active Member

yeah got this game lebron is crazy player in the game :p

the game is really fun and even better with some friends

9. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

LBJ is ez to stop in the game, either take the charge or double team off when he's still on the perimeter... the only key when double teaming him off is u need someone quick or else he'll just split right through...

the hardest players to stop are the pure shooters that get hot like Ray Allen and Redd, then Kobe and Manu, and to some extent, Wade cuz he will be too fast to keep away from the rim at times... and depending on whether or not ur team has any inside presense, Bosh/Amare/Howard/Shaq will absolutely kill u inside... most teams have atleast someone decent, so u can double team them right under the rim...

10. jlim01

jlim01 Member

i hav the ps2 version, and its missing so many features, and some players are just rigged

11. angieec

angieec New Member

can't go wrong with 2k when it comes to basketball. having trouble locking down kobe when playing the lakers. :(
    haven't played against the cavs yet though.

12. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

what's ur team? kobe theoretically can be single man'd, players like Gerald Wallace, Ron Artest, Shane Battier, Manu can all shut him down, but he's still Kobe and he will hit some of the most BS shots... just he'll hit less of them...

13. shadowsoul

shadowsoul Well-Known Member

yes 2K all the way

14. psyduck215

psyduck215 Well-Known Member

Does LBJ "crab dribble" in 2k9?

15. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

haha no... travel calls are rare, and the game mechanics itself won't realistically allow players of any kind test the refs on travel calls like the crab dribble haha :)

16. psyduck215

I installed the game yesterday and played two games but I couldn't figure out how to dunk the ball. Do you hold on the sprint button and the shot button to dunk? I have a Logitech Precision controller.

17. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

with that controller i'm gonna assume that u have full use of both joysticks and it basically plays like the 360 controllers...

for dunking, and layups i use the shot stick, which is the right stick... what ur gonna need to do is sprint towards the basket and point and hold the right stick either to the left or right for flashy dunks, down for power dunks, i don't normally use up for dunking, but i think up is for reverse dunks...

the mechanics has made dunking slightly harder in 09 than 08... newayz... i'm also sure u understand how having a 99 dunk and 79 for dunking differs, same with 99 and 75 for standing dunk...

also, for most players running at a person trying to dunk will result in a charge or a layup attempt... so make sure u have a clear lane else, even if u do the motions correctly for a dunk, it won't happen...

18. psyduck215

Will try to dunk tonight lol. Is there a roster that is better than the default roster? Also do you guys change any settings in the slider?

19. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

best roster that i've happen upon are Rashidi(Therealinsider)'s rosters... though i think he has stopped updating since early december... the official roster updates suck -.-;

as far as slider's go, it's ur game, change it to what u like... i tend to not play around with the sliders much =/