Need for speed the run

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by Bulla, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

The demo is out, so try it out.

The first stage is meh.... the second snow stage is hottttt.

2. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

didn't even know of this game title..

Read a few wiki lines.. and you actually can control a player to run on foot! Seems interesting.

3. Hartia

Hartia Well-Known Member

Yeah the game froze on me lol

But the controls aren't as good as hot pursuit. though its pretty much hot pursuit with frostbite 2 environments. The avalanche would look great on a 3D tv, i'm just annoyed at when they drop a boulder right away a turn lol, its like you have to know it's there else yur screwed.

but yeah was alright, idk how the running with play out though

4. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Not so much like GTA on foot control, but there are like cut scenes where at certain times you have to press a button to escape/run etc.

Makes more sense here

[video=youtube;nQbm18oLbt4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQbm18oLbt4[/video]

5. i liked hot pursuit i wonder how this will pan out

6. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

heavy rainx need for speed hot pursuit lol the trailer at e3 got many people scratching heads. But it runs on the frostbite 2 engine!

7. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

I actually liked Most Wanted the best..

8. Hartia

Hartia Well-Known Member

NFS underground 1...still one of the better of the franchise till they messed things up with open world

9. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

I like the nitro effect, you can feel the kick in it. its NOT an NFS underground as it claimed, its a modded hot pursuit with manual gears that are not in the demo for some reason (which is why i hated HP, auto gears... no thanks).

I wont be buying it on day one, when it drops in price by the 3rd week ill get it.

10. mr_evolution

Where is NFS:Underground 3?

11. MrCooperS

MrCooperS Well-Known Member

I want a new Burnout game.

12. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

That game got boring after the second one on Ps2

13. Hairbear

Hairbear Well-Known Member

so I've actually tried the new Need for Speed on the ps3. i have to admit, its pretty good.

The "Wrecked" feature is both annoying and amazing at the same time. The second level was a bit annoying, i kept getting owned by the falling rocks. They'd come down, right infront of me, and i'd get launched off the mountain. LOL.

Anyways, the game looks pretty good atm, and i'm pretty excited for the "sandbox" style, running around on foot thing.

14. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

sandbox? i thought it was just set scenes in story mode and it only happens a few times.

15. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

Quicktime cutscenes nothing more lol...but its a fucking racing game who cares about those.

16. mr_evolution

What's the 'wreck' feature?

17. Hairbear

Hairbear Well-Known Member

it is? damn. that sucks. :/

not really a "feature" i just couldnt find another word to describe it. pretty much, its just whenever your car takes too much damage, or you go into a head on collision with lets say, a rock. your car goes flying, and time is reversed to about 2 seconds before you crashed.

18. mr_evolution

[video=youtube;vEwUtcDkOgs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEwUtcDkOgs[/video]

19. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

wow, the ratings for this is horrible...

20. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;zaPI5vOPceQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaPI5vOPceQ[/video]

#20 Bulla, Nov 16, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2011