New China Heartthrob Lin Gengxin

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by b-lee, Nov 17, 2012.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

lin-gengxin.jpg

Producer Ruby Lin’s (林心如) new mainland Chinese series, Drama Go Go Go <姐姐立正向前走>, a romantic comedy about a woman finding love with a younger man, has sparked audience’s interest since its debut. With the good chemistry of an attractive cast and the realistic story line, the drama’s ratings are on the rise.

Bu Bu Jing Xin’s < 步步惊心> Lin Gengxin (林更新) is part of the good looking cast in Drama Go Go Go. Appearing only in his third series and first comedy, the 24-year-old mainland actor portrays Ruby’s best friend, Tong Shaotian.

Lin Gengxin’s First Onscreen Kiss Given to Jiro Wang

The controversial scene that features Gengxin suddenly kissing Eason, played by Jiro Wang (汪東城), sparked discussion among netizens. As Gengxin’s first onscreen kiss, he said he wanted to finish this kissing scene right away. Asked if Jiro and his characters will become gay lovers, Gengxin responded, “It impossible that Tong and Eason will become lovers. When I was doing the scene, it felt like the world was collapsing on top of me. However, Jiro did not seem affected at all!”

In the series, Gengxin portrays a website designer, and he is like a younger brother to Ruby’s character. The two are very close as Gengxin even gives Ruby advice on men. His character is very straightforward and he tends to insult others when he speaks. However in real life, Gengxin has a good sense of humor, and while sometimes he may say something insulting, he only intends it as a joke.

“Ruby Lin is a Great Boss”

This is Gengxin’s first collaboration with Ruby. Some outlandish rumors claim that they are actually siblings, which only made Ruby and Gengxin laugh. As for working with Ruby, Gengxin indicated that there was some pressure but not for too long. “On screen and off screen, Ruby treated me very well and she took great care of me. She is also very warm and friendly towards the cast and crew. Ruby is our boss, and she wants everyone to have a comfortable environment to work in,” Gengxin said.

Legions of Female Fans

Although Gengxin only recently began his acting career, he nearly has 5.8 million followers on Weibo, winning masses of female fans with his good looks.

Of course, rumors and gossip also followed with the increase in his popularity. Rumors have been circulating on the net claiming that Gengxin is dating a producer, which attributed to his acting opportunities. Although Gengxin’s three series have aired one after the other on Hunan TV, Gengxin said that it was due to luck and his opportunities were not special favors from anyone.

Not amused with some of the negative rumors, Gengxin jokingly told his fans, “You guys are only interested in gossips! I think I will just go have dinner.”

Gengxin appears to have a great sense of humor and knows how to handle the media well despite his fast-rising popularity. With his handsome image and charisma, Gengxin is a rising star to watch for the next few years.

Creds: QQ