New Ghostbuster 2016

Discussion in 'Hollywood Entertainment' started by crasianlee, Dec 17, 2015.

1. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

Just going to post this here for now....pretty sure this won't beat the original one at all...

[​IMG]

These ladies clearly ain’t afraid of no ghosts. Sony’s first official promotional shot for Ghostbusters (in theaters July 15) shows stars Melissa McCarthy, Kate McKinnon, Kristen Wiig, and Leslie Jones striking a confident pose, proton packs at the ready. Check it out above.

Related: ‘Ghostbusters’: Behind the Scenes Photos With Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, Chris Hemsworth & Crew

The new ghost-busting team appears to be standing in the lobby of a hotel, bringing to mind the scene from the original 1984 comedy when Bill Murray and company captured beverage-guzzling ghost Slimer in the ballroom of the fictional Sedgewick Hotel. Judging from the fog and ectoplasm-green light in the new pic, something supernatural is definitely lurking.

The photo was released this morning on Twitter via the fan account Planet Ghostbusters. Director Paul Feig also used Twitter to release a previous image of his stars on set (below), posing in front of the new incarnation of the classic Ghostbusters car, the Ecto-1.

[​IMG]
    Though his film isn’t out until next summer, Feig is already having a very Venkman Christmas, tweeting the photo below of himself in aGhostbusters logo sweater with the caption “Trap the ghosts with streams of protons, fa la la la la la la la la!”

[​IMG]
    Photo credits: Twitter, Sony

• Like Like x 1
  2. lool looks terrible :gum:

3. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

And here's the trailer...everything is great except, and I'm not trying to be "sexist" They should have at least mixed up the gender cast...

4. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

I'm obligated to watch this since it's filmed in Boston and next to where I grew up haha

5. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

It's not going to be as good as the OG, but I'll still want to check it out, just curious.