Official YouTube Thread!!!

Discussion in 'Random / Offtopic' started by Great Sage Equal of Heaven, Jun 28, 2006.

1. YouTube
    is a website that offers web services for uploading, viewing and sharing video files. The technology used for viewing the clips is a very popular one, namely Macromedia Flash, while the format used is the *.flv, which can be very easily viewed with the help of one of the numerous compatible software players currently available. Moreover, as I’ve mentioned before, the video clips using this format can be very easily embedded in other websites, thus increasing YouTube’s own customer base. However, practically, YouTube is a service which lets the users upload just about any type of video material, representing some sort of crossbreed between the file sharing networks, blogs and social networking websites. Oh, and it’s also free and very user friendly.

YouTube, based in San Mateo, California, has been founded in February 2005 by three ex-members of the initial team which worked on the online payment service PayPal. They are Chad Hurley (Chief Executive Officer), Steve Chen (Chief Technology Officer) and Jawed Karim (adviser), later on joined by Roelof Botha, ex-Chief Finance Officer of PayPal and a
    partner of the venture capital firm Sequoia Capital, which played a very important part in the development of YouTube. Thus, the venture capital firm invested 3.5 million dollars in November 2005, and another 8 million in April 2006. And it seems that this is an investment which will pay off big time, since just in April 2006, over 35,000 have been uploaded daily on YouTube, the number of clips viewed each day reaching the astounding number of 30 million.

-Softpedia

Now since there's been so much hype and news around YouTube... I figured might as well start up a thread since quite a few people in here is familiar with the site already... Plus it originated from the YAY AREA!!!!

So jump start this thread with a video that I just saw on NBC while they were talking about YouTube....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eht-kEzq88w
    For cat owners...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT_-3QPYK2o
    Funny Family Guy Clip

#1 Great Sage Equal of Heaven, Jun 28, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2006
  2. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

good idea.

3. Nirvania

Nirvania I'm BRACK!?

4. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

there are going to be so many videos posted it will be impossible to keep track...

5. Nirvania

Nirvania I'm BRACK!?

6. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

nice idea for a thread.

7. person

person Well-Known Member

8. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

thats some funny stuff!!

9. hey anyone actually watched the rollerblading vids. I posted up!?

10. Mohanxu111

Mohanxu111 Well-Known Member

11. Mohanxu111

Mohanxu111 Well-Known Member

hahaha!! lmao -rotfl , brings me back to the old days were I use to luv dis show!! So jokezz.

12. you kno this proves my theory once again... that no matter how lame something may seem... with the right music... anyone would end up liking it...

is it me or does the Pokemon theme seem to make it sound like they need to capture all the pokemon inorder to defend the world??

13. person

person Well-Known Member