older movie but one of my favs => Gattaca

Discussion in 'Hollywood Entertainment' started by brownishmarker, Jun 16, 2005.

1. brownishmarker

brownishmarker Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen the movie Gattaca? its pretty interesting, it deals with the topic of genitics. the movie is one of my favs and well im wondering if anyone else has seen it? and if so what do you think? ^_^;;
    heres alil bit i got from imdb

The name "Gattaca" is composed entirely of the letters used to label the nucleotide bases of DNA. The four nucleotode bases of DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid) are adenine, thymine, cytosine, and guanine.
    Public address announcements in the Gattaca Corporation headquarters building are in Esperanto, an artifical language invented in the 19th century.
    The winding stairs in Jerome's apartment have a helical structure, like DNA.
    When Gattaca was first released, as part of a marketing campaign there were adverts for people to call up and have their children genetically engineered. Thousands of people called, wanting to have their offspring genetically engineered.
    and lastly The film was shot under the title "The Eighth Day". This was a reference to the Biblical creation story, which states that the earth was created in six days and on the seventh day, God rested. The original title implies the tampering of man with what God has already made, and "The Eighth Day" is still the name of the center in the movie where the children are engineered, as noted on the DVD deleted scenes. By the time the much-delayed release of the film came around, a Belgian film, Huitième jour, Le (1996), had already been released in the US under the title "The Eighth Day". Because of this, writer-director Andrew Niccol was forced to choose a new title for his film. there are tons more crap on the site but this is wayyyyy to long:rolleyes2 well not for me but u all complain like lil children so yah -_-;;

2. redforest

redforest Well-Known Member

was it the one with jude law and uma thurman? yep that was an interesting movie :)

3. brownishmarker

brownishmarker Well-Known Member

yeah that was the one and i think ethan hawk was the name of the main dude o_O im not supprised people havent seen it, i dont think it did well in theaters =\. Shame its a good movie i think

4. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

meh...i saw it...for some reason it didn't sit well with me...buts its still a weird movie..in a good way that is...

5. pink

pink Guest

hmm jude law[U] !!!!!!! he is the cutest man of the world!!!!( lekker ding zeggen we dan in NL !!!!! )

6. pink

pink Guest

(
    ohhw ja .. download :
    de jeugd van tegenwoordig- watskebeurt

)

7. DanK

DanK Well-Known Member

yea i liked that movie. it was very interesting. during the time when i had decide what i wanted to do in life(choose a career) i wished our world was like that.

8. ur wrong! it's Ethan Hawke, yea this movies my favourite seen it numerous times and fascination i think that really might happen in the near future except it wouldnt be that deep where people are seperated from genetics. They'll probably be a law against Geneticism <--just made it up lol! Where people aren't required to tell if the're genetically modified or not. But hell i'd make my children with good genes.

9. sapienta

sapienta Guest

if u like this movie then u gotta try equilibrium. Its awesome. I love the gunfight scene.

10. DanK

DanK Well-Known Member

yes! equilibrium was amazing. i burned it onto CD and the CD is not garbage. lesson. buy good stuff. and just cuz it has a label on it doesnt mean its good

11. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

man..that movie was insane..gun kata...damn it dan!....damn messed cd...hey..don be raggin on the lable..ur cd was like one of those walmart ones...

12. Moki

Moki Guest

i seen both these movies i recommend them both. Sci Fi i love those movies