Ordered a textbook online for summer school, got the teachers edition.

Discussion in 'Random / Offtopic' started by netsurfr, Jun 7, 2007.

1. netsurfr

netsurfr Member

Should I return it? Or just use it?

Problem is that I need it by next Monday and today's Thursday. I would have left a negative comment but this was before I found out. Also the seller seems to have a history of doing this. Putting "USED BOOK" sticker over the part where it says the teacher's edition.

And before you ask me whether or not I'm crazy, the problem with that is the book cost me $165 and I CAN'T SELL IT BACK at the end of the semester. Also, homework isn't counted. Just quizzes and midterm/final.

2. casshern

casshern Well-Known Member

Selling back prices are minimal.

And I don't know about you, but I learn a LOT more when I have the answers to what I'm doing. I don't understand teachers who don't give out answers to homework. It's like, wtf? How do I know I'm doing this right?

3. adrianc

adrianc Well-Known Member

as far as I know, the teacher;s manual is like gold depending on the teacher.

Some teacher know nothing so the copy everything from the manual.

so you have to know your teacher.

4. Thisdamngood

Thisdamngood Well-Known Member

Copy the answers in the back then return it.

5. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

Personally, i would return it since i know myself being lazy, i would probably peek in the answer and just copy from it. Hence, if you really want to learn and have the same laziness as me, it would be best to return it. But if not, just keep it and make sure not to peek. However, you might want to watch out if your prof sees you using it, he/ she might think you use it to cheat.