Organ Donors

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by negiqboyz, Nov 12, 2008.

1. negiqboyz

negiqboyz Well-Known Member

It's funny how the west and east are totally different when it comes to death. the west encourage ppl to donate their organs after death to save those who desperately need transplant whilst at the east think the body should be maintain without harm so that we can send the death a last peaceful ride. Now, i read that the spirit of the death lives on in the transplanted patients .. scary ... what do ya'll think??

2. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

To be honest with you, I personally perfer to maintain my own body... but if I can truly save someone, maybe I don't mind... Really don't know, it just feel like a piece of me is missing -_-

and the spirit of the dead lives on, that's just some bs from a movie call "The Eye", but then again, I wouldn't be surprise if it's true

3. i think if you can donate a part of your own body to save someone's life that deserves it then sure... why not do it?

4. negiqboyz

i guess ya'll have signed up to be organ donor then?? i'd like to help ppl too but when it comes to this, i rather die in one piece ... sry .. i believe in the old sayings and cultural practice. some we may find absurd these days but i am sure some where upon a time, these "fictions" may be real ..who knows .. if i don't know, i don't care and mind but if i know about something, i might go along if it doesn't hurt myself or others.

5. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

Gonna donate my organs after I die xP Your body is useless after death, might as well use it to help someone.

6. The_Jelly

The_Jelly NSFW? :P

When you die whatever happens to your remains is really of no importance to you, but perhaps to your family. I however think that organ donation is a good idea, why not save a life if you can?

7. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

LOL, how is my body important??? All they gonna do is bury it...its not like they'll frame it and hang it up

8. lol u will be the skeleton guy in the science class room, me personally given the chance if i come accross it one day i would sign the form with a lawyer =P

9. The_Jelly

The_Jelly NSFW? :P

To your parents, some people are very traditional and they don't feel that it is right to take out organs from their deceased loved ones and something to do with the afterlife. You obviously wouldn't care, you're dead.

10. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

Hmm....i likey the idea of saving someone's life...
    But coz im still alive....it freaks me out a little....for example...knowing your
    heart is in somebody else's body....*shivers*....

11. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

But by then you would be dead ^^

12. negiqboyz

if ya'll want to help ppl so much, you don't necessary need to wait till death to help other. there's something calls living donor. you can give up one kidney or part of your liver or something ..

13. adrianc

adrianc Well-Known Member

I would donate just so I can save someone even if I'm dead

14. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

if u apply for licence in toronto u automatically get a donor card...i forgot if i signed up or not

15. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

What so special about the card???

16. kontradictions

kontradictions Well-Known Member

They really can't ask if you want to donate your organs when you're dead, can they?

17. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

its just a card they send asking if you want to donate your organs if you do get into an accident and die

18. negiqboyz

canada is the same as the us .. when you received your driver license .. there should be a blank dot on your license where you can put a pink or color code sticker if you wanna donate your organs in case you're killed in an accident or whatsoever. with that code on your license, permission is granted so med institution have the legal protection to move forward without the need of waiting for approval from the family as it is being acknowledged by the "person killed" himself/herself. nevertheless, med usually informed the family first before cutting things up.

19. Typerex176

Typerex176 Member

i signed up to donate my organs if i ever get into an accident where my life can not be saved, since i can't live might as well use whatever i have lefted to bring new life to someone else.

20. smallrinilady

smallrinilady Well-Known Member

I'm an organ donor. It's not like I'm going to be using it when I'm dead. Besides saving a life is very important. If you value your life, why dont you also value other's lives