Overpeer shut down.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fobstar, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Fobstar

Fobstar Guest

Good news for P2P'ers (peer to peer file sharing). For those not familiar with Overpeer, it's the company responsible for giving you fake and corrupted mp3 and movie files on popular file sharing networks like KaZaA. Ever download the latest popular hit single, only to find out that right when it get's good you get a bunch of annoying beeps? Yea, drove me crazy too.

Companies like this filled file-swapping networks with false versions of songs, hoping that file-swappers will download the fake files and log off in frustration - and it worked. I stopped using KaZaA because of it.

Fortunately for file sharers, P2P networks have grown to recognize this threat and have placed measures to reduce or eliminate corrupted files - either through advanced software or rating systems where users would highly rate the good stuff.

This news comes in the wake of Overpeers declining revenue through all of 2005 and the ineffectiveness caused by the latest strategies of the P2P networks. Rumor is Overpeer lost it's largest client, putting a final nail in the coffin.

2. lol another napster

3. ziggy87

ziggy87 Member

so tat shud mean tat all files in kazaa is not corrupted? if it's real, good news i guess

4. dduc

dduc Well-Known Member

bt all the way lol