Pandora’s Battery - Universal PSP Unbricker

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by dim8sum, Aug 23, 2007.

1. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

For all those who bricked their PSP, you can now unbrick it without sending it back to Sony!!!

All that is needed is a spare PSP battery, 1 Normal PSP, 1 Bricked PSP, Memory card

http://www.noobz.eu/joomla/news/unbricker-for-all-firmwares.html
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/2007/08/22/pandoras-battery-universal-psp-unbricker/

#1 dim8sum, Aug 23, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2007
  2. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

Pandora's Battery - Software to un-brick/downgrade EVERY PSP - just like Sony's JigKi

Pandora's Battery - Software to un-brick/downgrade EVERY PSP - just like Sony's JigKick!
    [​IMG]
    One of the biggest if not THE BIGGEST development in the PSP hacking scene has just unfolded. A collective group of hackers including the likes of Dark_Alex, Noobz and Booster have released a new piece of software which will replicate the exact functions of Sony's Jigkick battery (even better) - that means it is now possible for homebrew enabled PSP's to UNBRICK and DOWNGRADE their systems at their own will. The respective software will transform any regular PSP battery into one which can perform all the functions of the Official Sony JigKick which is used by Sony repair staff themselves. Even if your PSP is not homebrew enabled, you can just ask a friend who has a homebrew enabled PSP to run the software and transform your battery too! Read more on the software at the official release thread as launched by legendary hacker Dark_Alex HERE. Spread the word and DIGG THIS! And on a FINAL note, while the team is a bit too proud to apply pressure for DONATIONS, just do it even if it is just a dollar - ig390@msn.com via PAYPAL (Authorized by Dark_Alex, Noobz and all on the C+D development team).

3. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

BTW this supposedly means that any current PSP(until they change the hardware) can be downgraded NO MATTER what firmware version without any need for an exploit such as Lumines or GTA

4. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

5. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

6. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

i dunno... i think its better to post it there in the tech forums because its more for the techies/hardcore homebrewers... i mean comon, we still have people arguing PS3vsX360 over there =x...

newayz... DARK_ALEX has delivered... much love...

7. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

threads merged.

8. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

Thanks for merging

9. runtohell121

runtohell121 ........................

dang it... not working for me... followed instructions... get the code The game could not be started.(8002014C)

10. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

^which exact part throws that error?

I read on forums that its worked for many people and also, the battery can be reversed back, so you can use it as a normal battery

11. runtohell121

13. Stop the USB connection and go to the application "Pandora???s Battery Firm. Installer" - this only takes a few moments. thats the step im having problem with.

12. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

um most importantly, what firmware are you using...

you can only create the pandora battery using a CW FW PSP, which can then be used to downgrade an Official FW PSP

13. runtohell121

ugh... now i know why i cant create the pandora battery.. stupid 3.52 fm... need to be able to open homebrew apps... dang it:(

14. ProjectD

ProjectD VIP yay :]

Why can't they make a downgrader without lumines or GTA

15. ProjectD

ProjectD VIP yay :]

plus if anybody know any of the non lumines downgrader pls put the link here

16. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

because you need an exploit to be able to make homebrew (unauthorised code) work on official firmware, its not as simple as oh lets just run homebrew on it... Sony since 1.5 have been designing their FWs to stop homebrew being run

GTA and lumines have exploits in them that allow homebrew content to be run. GTA works on FW < 3.03 (i think) while lumines works on <3.50

the only way to downgrade without GTA or lumines is using the Pandora battery, which you need a CFW PSP to create one first, but will work on any current psp no matter what firmware you are running

17. cheebee333

cheebee333 Well-Known Member

Is it all the bricked psp or just those that were bricked by the M33 update? -mellow

18. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

any bricked psp will be restored with this :D