Post images of Food!

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by xiaojia, Sep 28, 2007.

1. xiaojia

xiaojia Well-Known Member

So.. wanna intro food to ppl? jus in case they haven't tried them b4? Or jus feel like showing what you just ate?

Post your pictures of food you just ate here!

Here goes..

[​IMG]

This is 雜醬麵 (Za Jiang Mian) from 'Crystal Jade La Mian Xiaolongbao'.
    It is kinda spicy so not for those who can't take spices. Very filling.. and taste great. I ate this in Kuala Lumpur, and its better than the one i had in Singapore.

[​IMG]
    This is 小籠包 (Xiao long bao) from 'Crystal Jade La Mian Xiaolongbao'.
    Its a small bun with translucent skin and very juicy. Awesome.

#1 xiaojia, Sep 28, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2007
  2. chi_man

chi_man Well-Known Member

This pic wasn't take by me, but I ate the same thing. Fish with black rice, I love black rice!
    [​IMG]

3. xiaojia

^wow.. now that's sth new for me.. wat's black rice? I only know black glutinous rice.. but not black rice.. wat's it made from? where does it originate? javanese? thai?

4. chi_man

it is black glutinous rice like you said.... but I just didn't know the exact english name of it :p

5. xiaojia

^ really? but still i've never eaten that. the only black glutinous rice i've eaten is in the form of dessert
    edit: oh.. jus realised the pic you showed is Black Sticky Rice from Thailand.

[​IMG]
    *photo not taken by me
    This is Bobo Hitam (Black Glutinous Rice). Its a dessert using black glutinous rice topped with coconut milk.

[​IMG]
    This is Cheesy Butter Chicken Rice from 'Food and Tea', a HK style cafe in KL. Quite yummy although can get a bit too cheesy.
    O.. and the one in the background, is French Toast with peanut butter inside. Buttery and yummy.

6. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

[​IMG]

mmm squid

7. MissCheekS

MissCheekS Reconnaîssant ❤

ooohhh..that looks yummie....did u eat that at a restaurant?

[​IMG]

had this last night....soft shell crab sushi....my fave...!
    sorry cant stop talking about it...its so good!

[​IMG]
    Bosam!!!
    one of my fave korean dishes....

what i cooked tonight...pork chops & corn lol
    [​IMG]

#7 MissCheekS, Sep 29, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2007
  8. chi_man

you really should try that out, cuz its better than normal rice :p

after 30 minutes when we are finally going to leave this cold library... we're going to eat this!

[​IMG]

9. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

I'm normally not that fond of Asian desserts but I do like this green tea moshi:

[​IMG]

Each one is just about a thumb size but I had eaten two of it and it's really full making. Have to say it's deliciously soft and erm...green tea-ish :)

10. honkiebonkie

honkiebonkie Well-Known Member

11. xiaojia

haha.. i don't like squid.. so can't say I share the same sentiments as you and fearless -tongue2

and i've not really tried korean food except once when some korean exchange students prepared korean bbq for us and it was really really delicious! whats Bosam anyway? like steamboaat?

o.. btw.. looks like you can really cook.. looks good. i can't for nuts >.<

icecream lovers? me too? but i prefer rum & raisin and cookies & cream and mango.. etc.. but not chocolate and er.. greentea? haha

o.. japanese desserts are always nice.. love it. mochi is really soft and nice.. yummy.. but why don't you like about Asian desserts?

12. MissCheekS

MissCheekS Reconnaîssant ❤

Bosam....i think they steam the pork and then slice it....
    and u wrap it in the veggies....its really yummie...
    u should really eat krn food more often....its so good....korean bbq is nice too....

Lol...i can cook some dishes....im better at cooking meat than veggies...=/
    I dont know...i just improvise...hahaha....every time i cook its so unorganized....
    i throw all the stuff together and hope it tastes good...
    lucky me mostly its ok hehe :p

13. honkiebonkie

honkiebonkie Well-Known Member

i love greentea icecream! its so yummy~
    chocolate is good too!
    the high res image makes me want eat all the things here ;)

14. chi_man

ye cookies and cream/mango are damn delicious.... everytime we go out we also wait for everybody at haagen dasz, usually sitting there for about 2 hours since people are arriving late and so. And in the meantime we spend like 15 euro's per person on icecreams lol

15. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

Not sure...probably because I don't like red bean paste in general and in lots of Asian desserts you can find it. And it also uses a lot of that typical yellowish pastry which is often dry and I just don't like the structure of it. Just prefer western desserts :)

16. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

^same here don't really like dry asian desserts that involves red bean paste or other bean paste lol... but i like the almond tofu hehe...

17. ah_wong201

ah_wong201 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

best shrimp chips

18. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

lol my desktop background at the moment.

[​IMG]

made by Yongfook from yongfook.com. the guy is supercool

19. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

^lol i'll never put pics of food on my computer background, probably will drool all over the keyboard or something...

@ah_wong i like the round types of shrimp chips better, don't really like the ones that look like fries:

[​IMG]

And i just had some of that a couple of days ago lol...

20. [​IMG]

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm