1. hannah666

hannah666 Well-Known Member

Power Chan acted as the king in this series but i think they choose the wrong actor to be the king. First of all what kind of male will cross their legs like they do today not to say that hes the king. He don't have that manly man feel. Second, he talk way to fast! For ancient drama...they should not talk fast because they language they they use are too formal and its very hard to understand if they don't slow down.

What do you guys think?

2. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

ditto....lookys lamee as a king....

3. envizion

envizion Member

seems like hes portraying kangxi more like a rich business man rather than a great emperor. no aura of royalty at all.

4. Peloi

Peloi Well-Known Member

I think Power is doing a decent job, he is suppose to be kind but it's nothing really new.

5. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

his actions reflects more and more like the KangXi in KangXi Empire...the little habits, the way he talks, puts his hands and sits is exactly mirroring that guy

6. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Feel the POWER!

[​IMG]

Oh, yes... I'm the KING, baby! LOL...

Seriously, the guy's a capable actor; however I do agree with the OP that he's a bit soft and certainly doesn't portray any regal air in his demeanor, deportment or delivery. But, that being said, perhaps it was exactly the direction and character difference that TVB wanted to cast the plot. That is, this particular emperor being an introspective, soft touch manipulator rather than a rigid dictatorial guy at the top.

#6 ralphrepo, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  7. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

^is that from teh series? his wifey is funny as hell.

8. they were married recently...lol 2 kei lei fei's-lol

9. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

^i noe just wondered if they played a couple in this series also...

10. MissCheekS

MissCheekS Reconnaîssant ❤

I think he's pretty okay, not the usual "manly king" but im sure its what the director asks him to do.... surely the producer wouldve told him to not sit with legs crossed if he wasnt supposed to... hes supposed to play the softy, thats what his grandma ( wong ma ma) likes, hence his brother didnt get the throne...

11. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

^ i dun notice the leg thing worrr o_O

12. babs

babs Well-Known Member

I kindof like him in this role. it really spells out the difference in character between him and kenneth ma without any thought. He's the kind and gentle one and you can really see it. He's not suppose to be the usual manly king. With kenneth ma's character you can really see how harsh and "manly" he is. this series doesn't require any thought or indepth analysis of its characters or plots. we all know how it will end. power chan will offer up his throne and steven ma will turn on kenneth ma at the very end and help power chan keep his throne.

13. tachiboi

tachiboi Active Member

Yes there is a real contrast between him and Kenneth not to mention I think plenty of guys still cross their legs, at least I've seen around restaurants and such. He doesn't show power, instead he shows dedication and love for his empire.

14. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

...or small gonads, LOL...

15. hannah666

hannah666 Well-Known Member

now that we are born in the 20th century and living in the 21st century, we all cross our legs!!! but im talking about back then where they all still think that cleaning and cooking jobs should only be for woman to handle and man are the one who suppose to work and bring money home. i mean i understand now that he not suppose to be the manly king but im sure there a better way to act his character other than crossing his legs to show us that he suppose to be kind -_-