Ps3 Help

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by honkiebonkie, Aug 3, 2007.

1. honkiebonkie

honkiebonkie Well-Known Member

ive been having problems with my ps3 lately..

it starts up normally..then when i insert a game blu-ray disk it doesnt detect it..
    nothing comes up. before the game screen would come up and i would just play..
    but now nothing.. just game data, saved files etc etc..

....... please help!

2. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

This happen with all games? If not than its most likly the disc. I heard Blue-Ray discs can get scratched up pretty easily compared to other formats.

3. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

trade it in for a 360 =p 3 year warranty =)

4. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

That reminds me. When did you buy your PS3? You know if you have a warranty?

5. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

^ all registered ps3 should have a warranty thru playstation...im not sure how long tho

6. throw it out of the window.. stupid machine..

7. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

try as many blu ray disks as possible, if none of them work, you know its your ps3, get it fixed

lol thats only cause every xbox 360 has a known flaw in it, making it more likely to fail :D

8. honkiebonkie

ive tried 3 blu-ray game disks.. none of them work :(

9. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

Then there is probably something wrong inside your PS3. Send it in for repair.

10. honkiebonkie

yeah.. im trying to find a place for repairs now..

11. p3ps1c0la

p3ps1c0la Well-Known Member

It's not the blue ray disks cause I've got a bunch of them in various conditions and they're all fine. For me it was the drive itself that was messed up. One day I was playing just fine and then my block had a power outage and when power was restored the drive just stopped working and would make these weird grinding noises so I just brought the console back for another one.

12. tonkachi

tonkachi Well-Known Member

you shouldn't have to...call the sony office in your area if you have one. Probably check the sony website to see if they have a branch office and call them, then take it down claim warranty on the faulty Bluray drive and have them replace it for free