PSP Brick

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by weiyuezz, Oct 19, 2007.

1. KilaKilaGirl

KilaKilaGirl Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how to brick PSP slim?
    LIke playing iso and homebrew games

2. moor_moth

moor_moth Well-Known Member

My friend does haha.
    I can give him his hotmail if u want LOL

3. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

id be worried if you wanted to brick your psp.... bricking it means you do something to the psp which makes it useless (like a brick)...

if you want to run homebrew and run isos, then you need to run custom firmware, then i suggest visiting www.psp-hacks.com
    they have plenty of guides and such, it would be best if you just read as much as you can to understand what is needed. If you want to post for help, i wouldnt mention wanting to play isos, as its against their policy to talk about anything to do with pirating games. But they will help you on homebrew and how to install custom firmware

4. lol he wants to brick his psp?

give it to me and its gonna be a shiny new pretty brick to add to the wall of your house haha

5. KilaKilaGirl

LOLs, again you are clueless.
    Bricking is not the same as breaking*

6. runtohell121

runtohell121 ........................

ok, go to datel or whatever that company name is, theres a battery call Max Power TOOL, its for downgrading and unbricking psp $25USD. it has slim and original battery

7. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

lol... no...

Bricking does mean breaking... the only difference is now u can actually unbrick it... before u'd have to send it in to sony to fix it... if something has to be fixed... it means it was broken...

8. KilaKilaGirl

link please,
    PSP-hack.com does give some superficial knowlege but is too general; i didnt get the one i need from it.

9. runtohell121

10. LOL YOU ARE SOOOOO FUNNY! [/sarcasm]

i have a modded psp, and i know quite a few things when it comes to modding psps.

lesson #1: bricking means RUINING THE FIRMWARE RUNNING YOUR PSP THUS MAKING IT USELESS = breaking.

"When used in reference to electronics, "brick" describes a device that cannot function in any capacity (such as a machine with damaged firmware). This usage derives from the machine now being considered "as useful, and as entertaining, as a brick." The term can also be used as a verb. For example, "I bricked my PSP trying to get non-official games running on it.""

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brick_(electronics)

or from Urban dictionary: Bricking

As verb: to brick something. This is the action of rendering any small-medium size electronic device useless. This can happen whilst changing the firmware, soldering or any other process involving either hardware of software.

"I bricked my mobile phone when I tried to install Linux on it."

lol you are one funny person.. learn the basics before even thinking about modding your psp.

on a side note, just, dont ever say im clueless again. ever.

#10 Dan, Oct 21, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  11. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

lol if you dont know that 'bricking' means to turn ur PSP into a piece of junk, i think ud be better off leaving it alone.

your gonna end up turning your game machine into a 200 dollar piece of useless plastic with a voided warranty.

12. runtohell121

yup.. but i heard that pandora battery might work for the slim also lol.. but not sure about the Max Power TOOL, never tried yet since its not in stores:(

13. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

well... if he bricks it, its not useless... i'd buy it from him for up to $50 cuz i can always unbrick it for myself :p

14. xlilxboix

xlilxboix New Member

damn that suckz

15. lol lets make a bet to see if he bricks it or not

i bet on your is250 >=D lol jsk

16. runtohell121

lol i dont think he'll sell it to you, i think he rather put it on eBay and sell it for like $100:D ppl buy brick psp for $70+USD-tongue2

17. tmui

tmui Member

Hard to play~!~

18. MasterJin

MasterJin Well-Known Member

LOL. Trust me dude. U do not want to brick ur PSP. I accidentally done that to mine and now its useless. Must send it off to Sony one of the days to sort it out. What u need to do is use a downgrader for your firmware to downgrade ur psp to v1.50. Then use an ISO program to play games from ur memorystick.
    Depending on ur version there are downgraders 4 most to change it to 1.50. BUT make sure u READ THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. 1 mistake and ur PSP could become a useless brick.

19. wtf? wanna get labeled as a spammer?

lol doubt sony is gonna do anything cuz your psp is probably void..

20. MissCheekS

MissCheekS Reconnaîssant ❤

pft....check out his/her (i think her) previous posts....it kinda......smells likeeee.....SPAM!
    -noclue