psp homebrewing help anyone?

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by noamericano, Oct 13, 2007.

1. noamericano

noamericano Active Member

ok i know it's very slim chance someone will actually help me with this but can someone help me or tell me how to homebrew cause i've had a psp for 1 year and it's just sitting on the table not used and i want to play games on it. so if anyone can help me it'd be greatly appreciated. i have a version 3.11 psp....can u downgrade from 3.11 to 1.5?

*edit* well i figured out how to go from 3.50 to 1.5 now i have a 1.5 firmware and dont know wat to do next

#1 noamericano, Oct 13, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2007
  2. gengwank

gengwank Well-Known Member

3. BigM

BigM Well-Known Member

A friend of mine wrote this guide up for me and a couple of friends. There's also a download link included

3.40 0E-X Install Guide

Files Needed:
    Pre-compiled 3.40 0E-A Update for Upgrading from 1.5
    [HIDE]http://www.mediafire.com/?1md8jtzmofo
    [/HIDE]

You can upgrade straight to 3.40 OE-A from any homebrew enabled firmware.

Make Sure you download the correct pack for your homebrew enabled psp. Make sure your battery is at 75% or
    above

Instructions:

(1) Download the Pre-compiled 3.40 OE-A Update for your firmware version. (2) Make a Folder in My Documents Called 3.40 OE-A (3) Extract "3.40 OE-A Pre Compiled Installer Uploaded by Damo.zip" To the folder you just made (4) Plug in your "PSP" (5) Open up the Folder you made called 3.40 OE-A and double click on "3.40 OE-A Pre-Compiled.exe" (6) Choose to extract to the root of the memory stick on your psp. (7) Disconnect the "PSP" and go to the "Game" folder. (8) Run 3.40 OE-A Firmware Install (9) Once you have opened the program some text will come up. Press the "X" button (10) When it is done flashing the files. Maually reboot the psp by holding the power switch up until it turns off. Then turning it back on. (11) If all went well you should be on 3.40 0E-A

4. dduc

dduc Well-Known Member

Or if you want to upgrade it to fw 3.71 check out http://www.calo-hacks.com/
    it's a custom firmware, I'm using it right now and it seemed to have fixed some of the glitches in FF7 : )

5. fookjay07

fookjay07 Well-Known Member

wow big m first person to actually write out the instructions...
    cool but thanks doe