Rain Becomes Assistant Instructor at Military Recruit Training Camp

Discussion in 'Korean Entertainment' started by b-lee, Nov 9, 2011.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

rain-military.jpg

Singer Rain (29, Jeong Ji Hoon), who joined the military last October, has recently been selected as an assistant instructor of the unit recruit training camp of the fifth division. A person from the military said, "Rain has been selected as an assistant instructor on November 4.

After he finishes his own basic military training, he will be deployed as an assistant instructor on December 9." The army usually selects the best trainee for assistant instructor after considering their good score during the basic military training and their own preference. The military said, "The assistant instructors at the training camp are mostly model soldiers. Rain completed his own training program with an excellent score while perfectly leading others and he also applied for the position, so we selected him as the assistant instructor."

Rain will serve in the army for 21 months until he will be discharged in July, 2013.

Creds: KBSGlobal

2. lilmack0808

lilmack0808 Active Member

He has a great physique from filming Ninja Assassin.

3. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

he'll be miss....he's one of the best entertainer in Asia....

4. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

nooo he prob had a great body since his trainee days..JYP likes his boys to workout and be built...anyways rain will make a good leader

5. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Such Bullshit. He's been in the army for a year and they're making an "instructor" out of him? LOL... They probably don't want to take the chance of him having to do a real job where he might actually get hurt. Chicken shit actor. :ohnoes:

6. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

Actually, by last october they meant last month lol

7. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

So, he's got less than a year in the military; like only out of Basic Training? LOL... This is so ridiculous, it's an insult to real soldiers everyone. ROK soldiers are some of the toughest guys in the world. Rain, only acts like one.

8. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

^He IS a BIG star.... the Koreans look up to him.. He's very influential....that's y he's one of the "100 Most Influential People Who Shape Our World" not once, but twice...u can call it BS all u want if it makes u feel betta....but he's in that list for a reason.....But hey, i'll be pissed if someone extremely new step right ahead of me and gain that position, but hey, it's not like it's the first time.... Many army officers came straight from college have already been my TOPs.....so wth...

But anyways, u see those camo he's wearing in? That's gonna be the next US army uniform as well.....soon...

9. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

The 100 most influential people which Rain won, isn't a big deal, it's voted by his fans, it means nothing, voting polls are very popular in South Korea, plus, if you see how fans asking other fans to vote, it can be very crazy. I see it in other artists too, get as many fans from all corners to win a poll for some show, magazine, etc.

It's one of the reasons why they gave him that position, The ROK are using their celebs that are in the military as spokesman to promote themselves to younger generations and it's a great way to use as propaganda in S.K and around the world. Some news have them using celebs in the military to go to other countries to do events and activities.

10. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

You have to know that the military service is a mandatory thing and even celebrities have to do it and they do not get special treatment. They still have to respect their superiors who are regular people. The only special treatment is doing admin duties instead of doing the training and hard work. But this does not apply to all celebrities. And another fact is that entertainers enlisted in the army are not allowed to promote for nearly 2 years that they are being enlisted. After enlisting in the military, everyone goes through a month long training and after that you apply for other positions.

Rain applied for the position and was considered, meaning others probably applied to the position as well who started at the same time as him and got selected. Most people enlist during 1st year of University and Rain is a lot older than most of the ones enlisting in the military therefore it does make sense that he is chose as a role model soldier despite of him as a celebrity. He does work out for a fact and he probably is smart, we can't judge him unless we know him.

11. EvilTofu

I know most of that stuff already, that doesn't mean they won't use celebs as propaganda machines for the military.

Different system over there, so I don't know what their assistant instructors do overall.

12. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

^ but im curious where you got this information from cause i haven't seen any

13. EvilTofu

It's not like they make it obvious, I don't mean literally as spokesman.

I have a few friends that were in the military and one was in the ROK military before he came to the US, so he told me some things that go around when he was there, how some supervisor handle some celebs. They do use certain celebs as propaganda. Not all but some.

You can even watch it on Korean news and read articles about it at times.

14. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

The way you put it earlier made it sound like all celebs get well treated and used as promoters. I just want to make sure people know that is a rare case and most celebs end up as normal people in the military and the ranking system means more than idol status. If I were a "sunbae" (superior), then I can command lower rank people including celebs to do things. So no one has it easy since it still is the military.