Rain wants to get married

Discussion in 'Korean Entertainment' started by jazlynnyee, Jun 1, 2011.

1. jazlynnyee

jazlynnyee Fantabulous!!!

rain-get-married.jpg

I want to get married ... fast," said popular Korean star Rain, who stormed into Singapore over the weekend for the Singapore leg of his Best 2011 Asia concert tour.

The dashing but dateless 28-year-old has just one hitch to his plans which is due in great part, ironically, to his huge popularity.

"I haven't found a partner yet," he told the media through his translator, during a press conference in Singapore on Saturday, but added "I believe in fate. If I find someone, fate will resolve it."

Will fate beckon one of the thousands of fans the singer and actor with a following from the US to Seoul and everywhere in between, is yet to be seen.

More importantly, will the fans still be there once he drops out of the entertainment circuit later this year when he enters military service back home in Korea?

The rags to riches star who all but created Korea-mania seems determined to stay in the minds of his fans, busy globe-trotting for his concert tours from Asian cities such as Thailand, Macau, Hong Kong, Beijing, Taiwan, to the Americas and Europe.

Known for his rigorous even punishing schedule and personal routines, Rain shuffled in fresh-faced, impeccably attired, and all smiles for the Singapore media despite having flown in directly from a concert stint in Dresden, Germany barely 24 hours earlier.

"I've done a lot of activities in the past 10 years and the enlistment will give me an opportunity to think about these past moments," said Rain of his upcoming national duties, which could be just a drizzle on his regular routine since he seems to have packed a year's worth of work into mere months.

Apart from his world tours, there's also an upcoming album with the Asian market in mind and a second Korean movie in the pipeline.

"It's an air-action film and also has comedy and romance in it," said Rain of the aviation-themed blockbuster tentatively titled "Flight: Close To The Sun".

"It's the first time in Asia that we are making a movie with aircraft and nuclear-related events," said the star of Korean TV hits as well as movies such as "I'm a Cyborg, But That's OK", and international raves such as "Speed Racer" and "Ninja Assassin".

Rain will play opposite actress Sin Se-kyeong, in the heart-thumping flight action film which is scheduled for release in November this year.

While fate has been kind to Rain, it's without a doubt that the hard work has paid off for the go-getter who is one of a small handful of Asian stars who have become household American names.

"Life itself is a challenge for me and I also hope to continue the challenge in Hollywood, and I'd also like to do acting in Asia," he said.

Still, the "Ninja Assassin" star who trumped megastar Angelina Jolie for an MTV award for his role as Raizo the killer, with killer sculptured abs, manages to spring surprise after surprise.

"The best way to relieve stress is eat," said Rain as he detailed an important detail on his Singapore stopover, devouring his favourite dish, chilli crabs.

Source : CNA