Rain Won The Court Battle

Discussion in 'Korean Entertainment' started by hadouken, Jun 22, 2007.

1. [​IMG]

This is so far the only news out … we are waiting for the press news!

Rain can use his name in USA. The court threw away the request from Rain Corp. They will reschedule rest concert in US to around October. Rain will have LA concert on 30th and then head to Germany to shoot Speed Racer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rain cleared for US Concert
    By Cathy Rose A. Garcia
    Staff Reporter
    Korean pop star Rain can now use his stage name for his “Rain’s Coming” world concert tour in the United States.
    Yonhap News reported the Nevada state district court on Thursday dropped the lawsuit filed by music company Rain Corp. challenging the Korean singer’s right to use his stage name in the U.S.

Rain Corp. filed the lawsuit last February, requesting the court to prevent Rain from using his stage name for his concert tour in the U.S. The company claimed it owned the copyright of the name, used by its Beatles tribute band.
    However, the Nevada court did not agree with Rain Corp.’s assertions, and dismissed the case against Rain, his former management agency JYP Entertainment and concert organizer Star M Corporation. The name Rain is the English translation of the singer’s Korean stage name Bi.
    Rain, whose real name is Jung Ji-hoon, had postponed most of his concerts in the United States early this month due to the lawsuit.
    With the dismissal of the case, Rain can now continue the American leg of his “Rain’s Coming” world tour. He is scheduled to hold a concert at the Staples Center in Los Angeles on June 30.
    After the concert, Rain will head to Berlin, Germany to shoot scenes for his Hollywood film debut “Speed Racer.”
    Concert organizers said they are now trying to reschedule the postponed concerts in Atlanta, New York and San Francisco, for later this year.
    Source: Korea Times

#1 hadouken, Jun 22, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2007
  2. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

NICEEEEE...........efff USA!

3. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

Good for Rain. -clapclap

4. jdhvc23

jdhvc23 New Member

thats gd for him!!!

5. mwai007

mwai007 Well-Known Member

hahahaha shame for the other idiot

6. tokyoplanner

tokyoplanner New Member

I'm soooo so happy for Bi/Rain see that show you, that you can't pull a good man down..why did they have to wait until he earn the title of most 100 influential people in a New York Time... ..Way to Go Rain...we would be lost with out his name being RAIN........Fighting

7. compliant

compliant Well-Known Member

yeah, congrats to rain! he deserved to win that case. I felt pretty bad for the guys who had to refund their tickets, so now the race is on (again) to fill the arenas.

8. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

rather average looking dude

9. sp-lork

sp-lork Well-Known Member

well...i'm happy for him. i guess my friend will be happy to hear this, she spent so much on the concert tickets, it's ridiculous ><;;

10. Aiyori87

Aiyori87 Member

good for him

11. TripsZ111

TripsZ111 Member

wow.. girls...

i dunno why they like him and think hes so hot
    he migh thave the body, but if he was some guy on the street and not a star
    no one would even look at him... am i wrong?
    same goes with jay chou, etc.

12. bell3442

bell3442 Well-Known Member

i was happy he won....they had no case to begin with.....

13. becks150

becks150 New Member

grreat news!! haha

14. ippy

ippy Well-Known Member

Yeah Rain can keep is his name

15. Rain cleared for US Concert

By Cathy Rose A. Garcia
    Staff Reporter

Korean pop star Rain can now use his stage name for his “Rain’s Coming” world concert tour in the United States.
    Yonhap News reported the Nevada state district court on Thursday dropped the lawsuit filed by music company Rain Corp. challenging the Korean singer’s right to use his stage name in the U.S.

Rain Corp. filed the lawsuit last February, requesting the court to prevent Rain from using his stage name for his concert tour in the U.S. The company claimed it owned the copyright of the name, used by its Beatles tribute band.
    However, the Nevada court did not agree with Rain Corp.’s assertions, and dismissed the case against Rain, his former management agency JYP Entertainment and concert organizer Star M Corporation. The name Rain is the English translation of the singer’s Korean stage name Bi.
    Rain, whose real name is Jung Ji-hoon, had postponed most of his concerts in the United States early this month due to the lawsuit.
    With the dismissal of the case, Rain can now continue the American leg of his “Rain’s Coming” world tour. He is scheduled to hold a concert at the Staples Center in Los Angeles on June 30.
    After the concert, Rain will head to Berlin, Germany to shoot scenes for his Hollywood film debut “Speed Racer.”
    Concert organizers said they are now trying to reschedule the postponed concerts in Atlanta, New York and San Francisco, for later this year.

Source: Korea Times