Rain's LA Concert Cancelled!!

Discussion in 'Korean Entertainment' started by Paradiso, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Paradiso

Paradiso JUNKFOOD QUEEN

[​IMG]

Are you surprised to hear that Rain cancelled his LA concert just hours before the show? Of course not, because Rain is now synonymous with abrupt concert cancellations. There are conflicting reports about the exact reason of the cancellation. Rain and Star M stated that they had to cancel it because V2B Global, the local promoters did not receive the necessary permits for the concert. They are also arguing that they were deceived by the local promoters because they were told that everything was ready, but when they arrived at the Staples Center, the lights and the necessary equipments were missing.

On the other hand, there are also reports that suggest that cancellation was caused by low ticket sales - only 25% of the tickets were sold. In order to break even, they needed to sell at least 60% and since they didn’t even come close to that number, the local promoters decided to cancel the concert.

I think there’s truth in both of their arguments. It’s very possible that the local promoter did not get the necessary permits due to low ticket sales, so it’s silly for Rain and his reps to blame the concert cancellation on the local promoters. Doesn’t he know that he was responsible for the lackluster ticket sales? Once again, Rain is making fools out of himself.

I cannot sympathize with Rain even though he cried once the decision was made and tried to apologize to his fans personally. (Fans, the key word here is “tried” because he didn’t) But I do feel bad for the 5,000 or so fans that went to the Staples Center, expecting to see Rain show some abs on stage, only to find out that it’s cancelled. What a disaster!

Did you know that Staples Center only had two cancellations during the last 8 years and Rain is one of them? What a shame!

Source: popseoul

2. hongkongboy

hongkongboy Well-Known Member

lol haha dont like him anyway cocky twat!

3. ultratech

ultratech Active Member

Some much BS, then cancel ...