Ray Lui talks about his 3 marriages including with Kathy Chow in autobiography

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by Dav, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

Source: Mingpao, Sina.com
    Translated by: aZnangel

[​IMG]
    THE PATH: find fulfillment through prosperity, The Ray Lui Story

Ray Lui talks about his 3 marriages including with Kathy Chow in autobiography

Already over 50, Ray Lui has been through 3 marriages, including the earliest secret marriage with Kathy Chow. Then with Cally Kwong and finally to his current wife Yeung Siu Kuen. The other day, Ray was in Beijing for his autobiography <The Path is Unlimited and Wide - 路是無限寬廣> press conference.

For the first time, Ray talks about his relationship with Kathy Chow from marriage to divorce. He can only blame that he didn't know what love was at that time. Rumors said Leon Lai was the third person in their marriage. At the time, it was rumored that when Ray learned of Kathy and Leon's rumors, he was being rough to Kathy and hit Leon. In their 2 years marriage, their relationship involved more and more arguments and started to become indifferent. Finally one day, they both decided to sit down and talk about divorce. He said that there was long a problem in their relationship and regardless of a third person, they will still split up.

On the contrary, Ray seems unwilling to say too much about his lightening marriage with Cally Kwong. He wrote in his book, at the start he had great expectations on their relationship, but soon after reality proved him wrong. Also, Cally's personality being soft on the inside, tough on the outside with a lot of opinions, caused the two to argue a lot. When they didn't quarrel, she would suggest that they get married, one time he just said OK without thinking and never thought that she'll announce the news to the media. So riding on a tiger, Ray gets married a second time on February 1996, but after 3 months of marriage he couldn't stand it anymore and they broke up. The relationship dragged until August before they decided to divorce.

For his current wife Yeung Siu Kuen, he only describes that marrying her is the happiest. Being able to spend the final stage of life with her is the greatest happiness in his life because he can finally settle down and enjoy the happiness he wants.

[Excerpt from SINA.COM]

Kathy Chow - Love at first sight

About Kathy Chow, Ray said: "In 1985, TVB started shooting a new series called <Siu Do Fung Wan - 小島風雲>. I was the male lead and at the time I knew my co-star is a newcomer named Kathy Chow, a Miss Hong Kong from last year. At the time I didn't really pay attention until I saw her for the first time. On the first day of filming, I went to the make-up room, never thought I'll see a beautiful girl, Wah, she had skin of a China Doll, fine facial features and a pure smile. I was strongly attracted to her for a half the day. After that one time, I was destined to get involved with a strong love relationship."

Cally Kwong - Marriage was a mistake

About Cally Kwong, Ray said: "I met Cally for the first time in 1987, at that time I already had Kathy, so I did not pay much attention to other people. As life has it difficult, we got closer and closer, slowly love sparked."