Raymond Lam as 甘永好

Discussion in 'Heart of Greed II - 溏心風暴之家好月圓' started by love_of_tvb, Aug 1, 2008.

1. love_of_tvb

love_of_tvb Well-Known Member

(from TVB.com, translated by love_of_tvb)
    Custody: Hoh Ma

He is Hoh Ma's second son. As a young child, he developed into caring alot for his family. His nickname is "man in charge." He has the same target as Hoh Ma, which is to unite the family. His grades were not bad back then. One time, when Hoh Ma was delivering some cookies, she got into an accident, forcing her to stop her work. Ah Ho decided that since he was the only male of Hoh Ma's side, he had to take care of the family. He lied to Hoh Mat saying that, he couldn't catch up with his grades and schoolwork. After finishing high school, he did not continue with his education so that he could help out at the bakery. Now, he wakes up early to deliver the cookies/bread giving pain to his legs and hands. He doesn't care if people laugh at him and say that he doesn't have any sucess. He would rather be a "bread making boy" all his life so that he could take care of his family, which he thinks is his job.

Before Jo Boa and Ah Hong got together, Ah Choew and he were good friends, always playing with each other, exchanging gifts, and other stuff together that 'young lovers' would do. After Jo Boa decided that he would divorce Hoh Ma, Ah Ho was told that he should not contain Ah Choew again. When Ah Hong and Jo Boa established their own family, Ah Choew was sent to England to study. The two separated for a number of years.

One time, while taking the ferry, the two met again and thought of all the sweet memories of the past. Ah Ho found that Ah Choew was already a doctor to be. But, Ah Hong and Hoh Ma's constant fightings upgraded even more. This, however, made Ah Ho and Ah Choew got together even more. Ah Choew eventually developed feelings for Ah Ho after finding that he kept sacrificing for his family.

Ah Ho and Ah Choew grew a stronger bond, but then Ah Shun became the third person in their relationship. Ah Choew had good feelings for Ah Shun. Ah Ho knew that if he compared anything with Ah Shun, he would lose. He wished them the two luck for their love, leaving the three triangle love.

#1 love_of_tvb, Aug 1, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2008
  2. lovinglyxx

lovinglyxx Well-Known Member

i don't like raymond lam as a tvb person/singer (omg wth was that cover on miss hk?? cringe!)

anyway, i think his character in this is really good just because he is the super-good person lol, he sticks up for ho ma and knows his "roots", supporting his family and his a good big brother

3. liquidzyklon

liquidzyklon Well-Known Member

His character here contrasts HoG since he always plays the good character here instead of being transformed into a tragic hero through death.

4. dreyvii

dreyvii Well-Known Member

Hmmm...I dunno if I like Ray's character. Seems too good to be true. And his acting is a little exaggerated at times in the past few eps. But I'm looking forward to see how the love triangle forms. It's so stupid and predictable, to think of oneself inferior and thus leaving the relationship...

5. love_of_tvb

he kind of took Moses' role from HOG. Bosco, Raymond, and Moses somehow mixed their roles together.

6. -Tisken-

-Tisken- Well-Known Member

7. its a bigger part for him than the first series...he will have room to show what acting ability he has. also he usually plays some wealthy kid...this time he's middle class. I like his character so far... he's so protective of his family.

8. Valkrezy

Valkrezy Well-Known Member

I don't think he took moses role because he is more like a nice guy in not a funny way and a more emotional way. Moses role in HoG was a nice guy in a goofy way.

9. chineseleon

chineseleon Member

so Ah Choew and Ah Ho don't end up together?? :( that sucks

10. cyberneonate

cyberneonate Member

nice to see that he is a simple down to earth character. I feel that his acting is good thus far.
    Usually he portray macho or rich man character

11. Phil

Phil 香港 PA 社團 揸Fap 人

lol, raymond is alright in this serious, lol a bit funnier than last series, lol, and this is a oppunity for him to get TVBking :P

12. -Tisken-

-Tisken- Well-Known Member

i still think that moses is better than raymond..... raymond is more handsome, but moses is soo damn funny xDD

13. yeah i reckon moses is better .. hes a crack up

14. pandy

pandy Member

i think his role is kinda cute and funny, especially in the 2 scene with aunt sa, first one is the one where he lets his aunt out of the bathroom to hit his dad, so funny and kinda evil...the second one is with the kiss-game, how he react when he point at his aunt and how he explained that isn't count....wonder how many this kinda scene he has with aunt sa, looking forward to see it...

15. michelle7879

michelle7879 Well-Known Member

In tis character.. he seen like taking over the role of Moses ( as duk duk dei in HOG ) but... to me, so far..he is not bad.. but, he is not tat good enough.. feel like, he can do even better.. something like not up to tat stage.. although the scene , seen like everytime oso capture on him.. but, i do prefer Moses more.. although he is not the caring son of the family ... but he oso a good son of Ho Ma...
    Hope so, can see something different of Ah Ho la..

[​IMG]

16. Kaitou_Kid

Kaitou_Kid Well-Known Member

well...i love raymond lam in anything ahaha. i think he does good job but i like him alfred style more ahaha

17. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

You can tell TVB is pushing Raymond

18. jklee369

jklee369 Well-Known Member

Just wanna say im so glad i dont have his character as a brother, how annoying would he be

19. dreyvii

dreyvii Well-Known Member

I thought he was a little exaggerated at times. You're right, I preferred him acting as Alfred. :p

That's true. Butting into everyone's business. I mean, I understand that he's caring and all, but you just need to give people space to grow up and stand on their own two feet.

20. love_of_tvb

when is he and linda going to be together? i hope for it to happen real soon, because i kind of like them together.