Resident Evil - Reboot (2021)

Discussion in 'Hollywood Entertainment' started by Phoenix, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

resident evil.jpg

Resident Evil's latest movie adaptation is currently in pre-production, and is being handled by Constantin Film (who also produced Paul W. S. Anderson's Resident Evil series) in collaboration with writer/director Johannes Roberts.

In the press release accompanying the announcement, Roberts (who previously directed deep-sea thriller 47 Meters Down) explains, "With this movie I really wanted to go back to the original first two games and recreate the terrifying visceral experience I had when I first played them whilst at the same time telling a grounded human story about a small dying American town that feels both relatable and relevant to today's audiences."

“After a dozen games, six live-action movies and hundreds of pages of fan fiction, we felt compelled to return to the year 1998, to explore the secrets hidden in the walls of the Spenser Mansion and Raccoon City.

Roberts' Resident Evil reboot is set to release theatrically next year (date tbc) and will star Maze Runner's Kaya Scodelario as Claire Redfield, Ant-Man and the Wasp's Hannah John-Kamen as Jill Valentine, Upload's Robbie Amell as Chris Redfield, and Zombieland: Double Tap's Avan Jogia as Leon S. Kennedy. Tom Hopper - Luther from The Umbrella Academy will play Albert Wesker, and finally Neal McDonough (Yellowstone) is William Birkin.

The reboot will take the form of an origin story, set on "a fateful night in Raccoon City in 1998", and promises "faithful ties" to Capcom's classic survival horror games.

(TRAILER TO COME)

~~

source: eurogamer