Riddle Contest!

Discussion in 'Random / Offtopic' started by AbZoNyX, Aug 15, 2007.

1. AbZoNyX

AbZoNyX Well-Known Member

Well, shit.. This forum needed a riddle contest.
    This is a thread for those who are witty those who are clever and for those who have patience! :D
    Those who wish to participate must answer a riddle and if answered correctly the person asks a riddle inturn and continues like that.. Btw.. this is for people who can think of one.. I mean anyone could look up a riddle and find the answer.. For Example :
    Person 1 : What's the meaning of life?
    Person 2 : No one knows.
    Person 1 : Correct!
    Person 2 : What's red, black and white all over?
    Etc. Etc.
    Okay, I'll be the first to spin the bottle! Yay...
    I am one who hides behind many things
    Behind trees, desks, and even golden rings
    I am to keep people cool whether I like it or not
    In time I am to be destined to whither or rot
    I am colorless, I am mysterious
    I am to never die nor did I ever live
    For if my brother is to die I have nothing to give
    What am I?

2. zero_c

zero_c Well-Known Member

A shadow?

3. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

lol there have been many many riddle threads on PA, unfortunately they have all died over time

4. AbZoNyX

Yay Zero_C got it right! It's your turn now yay! lol..

5. zero_c

zero_c Well-Known Member

During an interview, I was asked this question/riddle.

Four men are trying to cross a small bridge. They can each individually cross it in 1, 2, 5, and 10 minutes respectively. To cross, they must carry a lantern to light the way, and at most two can cross at the same time (when two people cross it takes the longer time for both of them). What order do they need to go in order to get all 4 men across the bridge in 17 minutes? (Remember they have to bring the lantern back for the other people to use!)

6. AbZoNyX

Does the amount of time add together? or is it the amount of time of the slower person when crossing the bridge?

7. AbZoNyX

Well logically if it took the amount of time of the slower person to cross then the person that takes 1 minute would cross with the person that takes 2 minutes to cross that would take 2 minutes. Then the person that took 1 minute goes back with the lantern and the people that took 5 and 10 minutes to cross would go across which would add up to 13 minutes. Then the person that took 2 minutes would go back and get the guy that took 1 minute which would add up to 17 minutes.

8. renegade_cash

renegade_cash Well-Known Member

first trip: 1+2 min ppl go and then 1 min person comes back
    second trip 10+5mins ppl go then 2 min person comes back
    third trip 1+2 min ppl go together....

time = exactly 17mins ^-^

crap in the time it took me to get it... AbZoNyX got it first... but good riddle anyways

9. AbZoNyX

Haha.. It doesn't matter we have to wait until he tells us if it was right or not cause I'm not sure if you're supposed to add up the time or use the time of the slower person.. I think it's just the time of the slower person..

10. zero_c

zero_c Well-Known Member

Yea it is right, you use the time of the slower guy.

11. AbZoNyX

Yay!
    A terrified woman was sitting all alone crying each and everyday as the same two people who have seen her countless times. One of the two people decided to stop by in the morning and saw that she had definitely needed counseling that day so he asked the woman "What seems to be the problem?"
    The woman cried "I have such terrible children, these little demons rip and tear my hair out!"
    "Oh, how terrible!"
    "And it doesn't even end there! They drink my blood and they dig their metal claws into my head!"
    "Oh, how so very terrible!"
    "They tear and eat away at my good children who have done absolutely nothing wrong!"
    "Oh my, oh how so very terrible!" The man gasped, looking at his watch. "I had completely forgotten I should be in China now what am I still doing here?!" The man rushed and hurried off without saying a single word of good-bye. As the woman watched the man run off she cried terribly. As she cried a beautiful woman in gray, yellow and silver had approached her and bent down to listen to her story. After listening the beautiful woman said "Oh my, I believe it was your children that had scraped away at my head and had left after a short period of time."
    The beautiful woman said nothing more after taking a quick glance at her watch and had glided off.
    The woman continued to cry to this very day.
    Who are the two people that had tried to help the woman, and who was the woman that was crying?

Lol this was rushed at the end cause it was getting too long anyway.. This should be pretty easy cause I gave many hints. I didn't want to give anymore cause then it would be too easy.

12. AbZoNyX

Uhh if you give up I'll say the answer and I'll do an easier one...

13. KT

KT H E L L O K T ♥

lol, is the man the sun? and the beautiful woman the moon? and i'm not sure about this.. but is the crying woman the earth?