Server Upgrade and Radio Server Change

Discussion in 'Site Info, Rules, Feedback, and Announcements' started by hadouken, Apr 7, 2007.

1. As most or some of you've known PA has been down for the last day and a half without any anticipation. We're sorry we weren't able to announce this in advance becase our old host screwed up right on when we've just gotten our new server so that being we've went straight ahead to moving PA to our new and better host! This time we're running on a dedicated server instead of a shared one so hopefully you'll notice the faster surfing speed and experience no down time =) This is phase one in our plan of upgrades for PA , we will have other big upgrades within the months so stay tuned and

again, we'd like to say sorry for the down time and hope you enjoy the new server and much improved and faster PA surfing experience =)

- from all mods @ PA

oh yes.. please let us know if you encounter any bugs , thanks!

ALSO! PA radio server has changed once again sorry for the inconvenience
    the new server address is now http://87.106.64.51:8016/

2. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

so u guys got the gooogle check????

3. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

yeah just enough for the new server lol

thanks to everyone

#3 b-lee, Apr 7, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2007
  4. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

^ ah nice, the server seems to be noticibly quicker, but maybe its due to less people being here? -shrug

5. Pookey

Pookey Active Member

I have noticed a huge difference in speed. This is cool. I am so glad you guys are back up. I miss the PA radio so much.

6. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

now we just need DJ'S =) then pa will b the ultimate lol

7. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

^ why dont you be a DJ

8. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

maybe when skoool's done....lol....im in process tryin to make a song =)...now lets advertise PA moreeee

9. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

^ a song about PA? haha

I so not use to PA being this quick to load :D

10. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

noo just a song loll............to be honest i don't really notie the speed..i unno..i don't really notice anything hahaha cause i think i have too many broswers open and while i click a link i go to another browser..........we'll see wat other memebers have as feedback

11. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

^ its actually really really fast, pages load up instantly and when i post a comment i dont have to wait 5s for it to be posted

see what its like for a few days before know for sure

12. taichi_masta

taichi_masta Well-Known Member

Yea, it's much much faster now. The homepage with the song used to take like 10 seconds to load, now its up in about 2.

I'm not encouraging anything here, but I'm going to click on the cool rectangular box under the PA banner now...=P

13. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

right on!.
    speed is def noticable.

14. no official change log?? -lol

15. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

it had been noted in the pa history notes.

16. xiaojia

xiaojia Well-Known Member

Yea.. its great. But my posts during the maintenance were deleted.. and that included a movie upload. haha.. yea.. i managed to come in and post even though the server was down.. should have suspected that sth was wrong.

Speaking of history.. who started PA / Chillforum?

Are the current mods also the ones who started the site at the beginning?

17. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

^ yeh i could get into pretty much all the sections except the home page and the overall forum view

18. omg she is the one.... she is the matrix... o_O'

I think the founders are pretty much ang, b-lee, n shinobi??

19. xiaojia

xiaojia Well-Known Member

haha.. yea.. n i even wrote a reply to the feeling lonely post.. o.. n someone was digging up old threads.. lol.. his efforts all gone.

well.. what made me ask the qn abt the founders?

I came across this thread yesterday..
    http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15971
    n it pretty much expresses the feelings during the early days.. and that made me really appreciate PA for what it is.. knowing that it had really come from nothing to sth this great!

Well done to all the Mods for making PA what it is today :) And not forgeting the old regulars from 2005..

20. hahaha ohhh!!! busted.. who wrote that!?

actually I think they posted on a lot of other forums looking for help or asking advice before this thing really kicked off...