SF x Tekken Gem system

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by Bulla, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

What are your thoughts on the GEM system?

I think this game looks like a crappy flash game as you all know but the GEM system has got my interest, reminds me of the system used in Alpha 3.

2. mingming2006

mingming2006 Well-Known Member

Not really sure about it - I bought Marvel vs Capcom 3 in the thought that I could play a bit differently to playing Street Fighter IV normally. But it was more button mashing and I sold it off then they release Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 - rendering my copy outdated after less than a year. Would take more convincing for me to buy Capcom games like that again.

3. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

Yep, i made a thread about capcon getting greedy. I sold my MVC too, got bored to much lag and i hate the button layout.

4. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

The gem system is pretty much Capcom's way of having players balance the game out for themselves.

It's a deep system, but there won't be anything that's going to play the game for you out right. There's trade offs and conditions.

A lot of people are probably going to shun it at first for tournaments. We'll see how it plays out. You don't have to equip gems if you don't want to even though you cannot disable them.

5. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

^ We just dont need retailer specific gems, like buy from Walmart for a particular gem you cant get any place else. that would be messed up, and gem DLC too.....

6. irongoat

irongoat New Member

gem system? can some one link, big fan of tekken and sf but havent heard anything about this gem system

7. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

seriously, dont buy it.....buy ultimate SF vs tekken..

8. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/120/1200528p1.html

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/12/1...o-types-of-gems-divine-speed-is-a-boost-type/

Seriously, i would rather buy the capcom version, the tekken version is going to be stupid imo if it has the dumb bounce systems that give you enough time to run to the shops and back when you get caught in a combo.

9. irongoat

irongoat New Member

Thanks for the link. About the BOUND system in tekken, it adds a new layer of strategy to the game, I think that you will appreciate it more as you play more.

10. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

Im hardcore tekken from PSX days, gave up after the bound system and noob combos ruined. if you like it though then play it, tekken aint for me anymore, its became a proper button bashing game, even watching tournament play is painful.